Trouble changing color of background...

Started by SuperZambezi, August 10, 2010, 07:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperZambezi

I have a Classic Yabb Theme that I have changed around to better fit my Forum. I have run into a problem where the text is not visible against a certain background. To show you what I mean...

The white text cannot be seen against the white background. Is there anyway I can either change the color of the text or the color of the background? Or both? I have already changed font colors and backgrounds on other parts of the Forum but this remains unaffected. I can't find a way to change this in the theme's files and I'm unsure if this is something that has to do with the theme's default Theme files. Thanks.

TheListener

Is there a file in the theme called index.css?

Kill Em All

In your theme's index.css
Code (find) Select

.left_admmenu, .left_admmenu ul, .left_admmenu li
{
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
list-style: none;
}

Code (replace) Select

.left_admmenu, .left_admmenu ul, .left_admmenu li
{
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
list-style: none;
        background: YOUR COLOR HERE;
}

replace YOUR COLOR HERE with the color you want.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

SuperZambezi

The Classic Yabb theme does not have an index.css of its own but the default theme files dows. Unfortunatly, this does not work there.

Kill Em All

I apologize, I always mix them up, its in the style.css.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

SuperZambezi

It's defintely not in there. I have already checked multiple times. :P I double checked and I still didn't find it.

I do appreciate the help, btw. :P

Kill Em All

Thats strange, its in my installation. You are going to the folder called classic, right?

Oranos

Ermm, alternatively, he can go to Admin > Configuration > Themes and Layout... > Modify Themes

Under Classic YaBB (or w\e it's called) click on "Edit this theme's stylesheets."

SuperZambezi

Quote from: Kill Em All on August 11, 2010, 11:35:19 PM
Thats strange, its in my installation. You are going to the folder called classic, right?

That's right. I attached my styles.css if you want to take a quick look.

Kill Em All

I'm sorry, but if you don't mind, can you pm me login details for a admin test account. I need to use firebug to track down which css rule it is.

Advertisement: