News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SimplePortal Doesn't Work?

Started by D3luSi0n4L, August 11, 2010, 12:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D3luSi0n4L

Hey all I'm trying to install SimplePortal and its not working, everytime I goto click "Proceed" I get this message..

"You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!"

But everyone folder / file in Packages included Packages is writable. JohnCcCcCc believes its my host but I figured I'd post and see if maybe someone has has this problem before and knows a fix.

Thanks,
D3luSi0n4L

live627

Create a folder called temp and set that writable.

D3luSi0n4L

Worked!

your a genius!

You know where the control panel for SimplePortal is?

Thanks,
D3luSi0n4L

Jakob Fel

Did you check to see if you got the compatible version of SimplePortal that corresponds with your SMF version? English:

What version of SMF do you have?
Make sure your version of SimplePortal is the version that is compatible with your version of SMF.

(Yes, I know that is really confusing, but to tell the truth, there isn't a much easier way. :P )
Freelance writer and advocate for security, privacy & DRM-free distribution
Support and Community Management at SMFNew Free Forum Hosting

D3luSi0n4L

That wasn't confusing at all?? I have Simple Portal 2.3.2 & SMF 2.0RC3 both should be compatible, and it went through and said it installed but wheres the Control Panel for it?

Thanks,
D3luSi0n4L

Kill Em All

Do you have a custom theme? If so, did you make the manual edits to it that are required?

Manual Installation of Mods

Also make sure that any edits were actually made to any of your files.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

D3luSi0n4L

Do i have ot make these even if i choose to have it install in other themes? Also can  i just test it out in the Default theme?

Thanks,
D3luSi0n4L

Kill Em All

haha, thats another option. Probably the easier option. lol.

Here at SMF, we like to do things the hardest way possible. ;) jk

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

D3luSi0n4L

=D ok I'm worried though if the install went through correct since there is no portal on the default theme and...

"There are no modifications installed that have added any settings to this area yet."

Am I missing something?

I checked my files Default/CSS and theres no portal.css or any of that?

Thanks,
D3luSi0n4L

D3luSi0n4L

Maybe I should uninstall it and just follow the parse instructions? Add the edits my self and add the files in the places they tell me at the bottom?

Thanks,
D3luSi0n4L

Kill Em All

Maybe, check with your host to make sure mod security isn't installed and that your folders are CHMOD to 755 and your files are CHMOD to 644.

Also look here possibly:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=28393

D3luSi0n4L

Ehh I'm using ******ty ass 000webhost I'm gonna buy lunarpages on Friday, thanks for the help!

Sincerely,
D3luSi0n4L

Kill Em All

Yeah, they are known to have problems with mods.

Let us know if the switch goes well. :)

D3luSi0n4L

Will do!

Thanks for the help!
D3luSi0n4L

Advertisement: