News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Mod Installion Problem

Started by Surf3rDud3, August 11, 2010, 03:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surf3rDud3

Hello, I've had this problem for quite some time now but it's to the point to where i can't take it anymore and i can never find a helpful answer. So ever since i upgraded from 1.1.11 to 2.0 RC3 I am not about to install mods. I'm able to upload them but with it Extracts and i click the Install bottom is loads then it sends me to a blank white page. And it didn't have any errors when extracting either.

The Blank Page URL is this: http://superbestfriends.info/forum/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install2;package=treasury_v2.06.zip;pid=0

The page looks like this: http://www.superbestfriends.info/forum/content/images/modblankpage.png

Someone said that it's a Mod Security setting in my Admin Panel?

I just want to be able to install mods easily not manually. Thanks!

kat

An invisible bump?

After an hour and a half?!?!?

CapadY

Some people realy don't understand what is meaned when we ask not to bump within 24 hours :s
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

kat

Best way to get ignored.

Check the file/directory permissions, first.

CapadY

Quote from: K@ on August 11, 2010, 04:50:21 PM
An invisible bump?

After an hour and a half?!?!?

I've decided to wait 24 hours before giving an answer when somebody is bumping within 24 hour :)
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

kat

I might make another one of these...

PS: Why haven't you answered any of my messages? ;)

Surf3rDud3

You need to check your eyes it was made at around 3:00 AM!!!! and we bumped at 4:00 PM... So please don't bash... I just need the help. Im using a customized theme from the theme OverView Ive got PortaMx installed manually that's it.... and you know what version im running its in the first message.

kat

What if you try, whilst you're using the SMF default theme?

Just a hunch, this...

Inside your Packages directory, do you have another, named "tmp"? (Or is it "temp"? Can't remember. Try both. ;) )

Make sure that directory's read/write enabled.

Does that achieve anything?

Surf3rDud3

Ok... so i totally did what you said and it worked? I'm super excited that it worked... But Ajax Chat mod is still spitting out the blank page but i installed Aeva and Treasury and they both worked.

My when i chmod 777 the temp files it keeps resetting it to 755 when i try Installing....

kat

WooHoo!

Maybe the Ajax thing needs manually installing.

Are you sure you're trying to install the correct version of the mod, for your version of SMF?

Surf3rDud3

It was a curved version... now i that i got rid off all the manual installations Aeva wont reinstall i only got PortaMx -.-

kat

Have you thought of clearing-out your forum and starting from scratch?

(Except for members and posts, of course)

Surf3rDud3

What do you mean by it? Themes and mods?

kat

Yeah.

If you run the large upgrade for SMFv2.RC3, it'll restore your forum to as it was, when you first installed it, pretty well. All your posts and members will remain intact, though.

The mods will still be there. You'll just need to reapply them.

Similar-ish with themes.

Surf3rDud3

Yea i did that with the webinstall.php too get rid off the manually installed mods....

kat

This is a personal thing.

Me? I really don't like the web install thing.

I find ftp and that kinda stuff better.

For me, you have more control of things.

That's just my view, though. ;)

Surf3rDud3

I understand it was just easier for me. But idk what to do so i should do the the large update? Even tho it i did the webinstall?

kat

Yeah, I don't see why not.

I'd do it the normal way, though. Not the webinstall thingy.

BACKUP FIRST!

Advertisement: