News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

need help and suggestion

Started by FrancisVic, August 11, 2010, 09:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrancisVic

Its Possible to edit Registration Message on SMF site and Email?

example:

if i can add more text message on this area (Thank you for registering. You will receive an email soon with a link to activate your account. If you don't receive an email after some time, check your spam folder.)

thanks you so much

excaliburj

Text can be found in the 'language' files. You'll find a bunch of them in {forum}\Themes\default\languages directory.

It can help to use a utility to search for the exact text being used in order to find where it's set. Doing so gets you to the file Login.english.php and the line:
$txt['activate_after_registration'] = 'Thank you for registering. You will receive an email soon with a link to activate your account.  If you don\'t receive an email after some time, check your spam folder.';

Be VERY careful about editing, though. You MUST escape every apostrophe within the text string (preceded it with a backslash '\') or you could cause a real problem.
Random Sig Line

FrancisVic

thanks for quick reply can you help me again :D

i would to put my message under this message  (Thank for your registration ) can you me w/ a little code

excaliburj

Sure.

You can cause a line break by including the standard html '<br />'. What else do you want the message to say on a new line?
Random Sig Line

FrancisVic

Quote$txt['activate_after_registration'] = 'Thank you for registering. You will receive an email soon with a link to activate your account.  If you don\'t receive an email after some time, check your spam folder <br /> If you still cannot see the contain of the forum please click <a href="hxxp:deltapiomega.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1 [nonactive]" target="_blank">Site Administrator!</a> .';

here is my code that i made please check it not showing, am using custom template that a problem?

akc42

Quote from: FrancisVic on August 11, 2010, 11:31:37 AM
Quote$txt['activate_after_registration'] = 'Thank you for registering. You will receive an email soon with a link to activate your account.  If you don\'t receive an email after some time, check your spam folder <br /> If you still cannot see the contain of the forum please click <a href="http://deltapiomega.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1" target="_blank">Site Administrator!</a> .';

here is my code that i made please check it not showing, am using custom template that a problem?

I think it depends if your custom template has made its own copies of the language file.  If it has, or you are not using English, then it will be looking in the custom theme directory rather than the default

excaliburj

Nothing jumps out as being wrong.

As noted, with another theme, you would need to check if there's a Login.english.php file in the {forum}\Themes\{your-theme}\languages directory. If there is, you need to change this line in THAT file.

If there is none, then it may be a matter of clearing the forum cache (ACP -> Maintenance -> Forum Maintenance -> Routine ; then run the task for 'Empty the file cache' down at the bottom).
Random Sig Line

FrancisVic

ok so my code are correct sir?

one more  help sir

how to customize a forum page?

example: Help Button if i click it, it show automatically the content 

not to see the list of topics, just 1 click to the whole content

excaliburj

Quote from: FrancisVic on August 11, 2010, 12:12:46 PM
ok so my code are correct sir?

It appears to be, but there's no substitute for testing it out. If you're going to run a forum and especially if you are going to customize it some, it can be helpful for you to have a test account with regular user privileges/permissions in order to see what they see (instead of what someone with Admin rights sees). So, you might want to make up an account and check that the new message appears. You can always delete any extra accounts if you don't want to use it.

Quote from: FrancisVic on August 11, 2010, 12:12:46 PM
one more  help sir

how to customize a forum page?

example: Help Button if i click it, it show automatically the content 

not to see the list of topics, just 1 click to the whole content

If you want custom version or whole extra pages, I would look into one of several mods for creating custom pages or doing custom actions. And instead of trying to change what the Help action does, I would use the mod to make a new action which does what you want and then suppress the display of the 'Help' button.

While I haven't actually replaced functionality in this way myself, I do use the Custom Action mod to generate additional pages with their own tabs/entries in the top menu strip.
Random Sig Line

Advertisement: