News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Uploading Issues

Started by Achronos, August 11, 2010, 02:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Achronos

Hey,

I'm having a few problems with uploading SMF. I'm using a free host, hxxp:ulmb.com [nonactive]. I'm uploading the zipped files with file manager and automatically extracting it. Not sure if this is an okay way, i have tried FTP clients in the past.

When the upload is done, i am presented with this error...
smf_2-0-rc3_install.zip/Packages/.htaccess - File or Folder name cannot begin with a dot.
smf_2-0-rc3_install.zip/Packages/backups/.htaccess - File or Folder name cannot begin with a dot.
smf_2-0-rc3_install.zip/cache/.htaccess - File or Folder name cannot begin with a dot.
smf_2-0-rc3_install.zip/attachments/.htaccess - File or Folder name cannot begin with a dot.'

No idea what i can do to fix this, and yet it gave me an option to proceed, i made my forum but when i tried to make a topic or reply to a post, it didnt have the complete set of options such as post or submit.

Any help?
Thanks,
Matt

Kill Em All

Sounds like your host doesn't allow custom .htaccess files. You should ask them to at least temporarily allow it for you to upload those 4 there, or maybe try to create your own if possible.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Masterd

Kill Em All

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: