News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How to logout all users?

Started by Havenworld, August 11, 2010, 04:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Havenworld

By default, all users of my forum stay logged in forever as long as they have the cookie stored. However, I want to logout all users of the forum - just once. How would I do this?

Would it logout a user if I banned and unbanned them quickly? Even if they weren't active at the time?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Running maintenance Forum stats recount boots everybody.

However, they will just be logged in again next time they click something unless you change your cookie name settings then run maintenance

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

davidtkachuk

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on August 11, 2010, 04:58:27 PM
Running maintenance Forum stats recount boots everybody.

However, they will just be logged in again next time they click something unless you change your cookie name settings then run maintenance

Recount all forum totals and statistics.

on Forum Maintenance - General Maintenance????
I create websites, i am an expert. I do not make mods nor themes, but i am working on a few...Check my sites!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!

Havenworld

Yeah I tried changing the cookie name first, but nothing happened =/

If I do that maintenance, will this logout all users who have cookies stored, or just the active ones? I want to do it pernamently so they all have to re-login on their next visit.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Yep. :)

Changing the cookie then booting everybody will make all the cookies useless and the forum will have to give them new ones, once they sign in again, their cookies are good again.

SMF 2.0 RC5

davidtkachuk

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on August 11, 2010, 05:03:19 PM
Yep. :)

Changing the cookie then booting everybody will make all the cookies useless and the forum will have to give them new ones, once they sign in again, their cookies are good again.

how do u make it so you dont change cookie? is there like a mod?
I create websites, i am an expert. I do not make mods nor themes, but i am working on a few...Check my sites!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!

Havenworld

Awesome, worked perfectly thanks a lot :D

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Whoops, its the Empty out unimportant logs which does it, sorry lol

Be sure to check your error log before hand though, in case something bad is in their

Quote from: Havenworld on August 11, 2010, 05:05:03 PM
Awesome, worked perfectly thanks a lot :D

huh.. lol

Your welcome :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

davidtkachuk

JohnCcCcCc, i do not want to change cookie name. Is there a package or another way without changing cookie? because i do not want to change cookie.

plus i love cookies
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: davidtkachuk on August 11, 2010, 05:08:55 PM
JohnCcCcCc, i do not want to change cookie name. Is there a package or another way without changing cookie? because i do not want to change cookie.

plus i love cookies

Well, you either change the cookie on their PC, or change it on your forum, I don't know of another way to make people cookies forget the login information.

You could set the threshold to like 1 minute, just make sure your fast enough to get to that setting and change it back. after everybody got booted within that minute, I would not set it to zero or else you may not be able to ever get to change it back..

SMF 2.0 RC5

davidtkachuk

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on August 11, 2010, 05:18:43 PM

plus i love cookies

Well, you either change the cookie on their PC, or change it on your forum, I don't know of another way to make people cookies forget the login information.

You could set the threshold to like 1 minute, just make sure your fast enough to get to that setting and change it back. after everybody got booted within that minute, I would not set it to zero or else you may not be able to ever get to change it back..

ah ill just do cookies, because it if gets messed up i can change it back in settings.php so :/
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: davidtkachuk on August 11, 2010, 05:27:58 PM
Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on August 11, 2010, 05:18:43 PM

plus i love cookies

ah ill just do cookies, because it if gets messed up i can change it back in settings.php so :/

Changing the cookie will never mess up your forum, worsted it can do is make you get logged out if you click something, once clicked and signed back in your fine, as well as everyone else.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Advertisement: