406 error following selection of subdomain independant cookies

Started by Granular, August 11, 2010, 05:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Granular

Hi there,

I have a problem, which now has me locked out (cannot log in as admin or regular user!).

I was finding members were logged out on return to the forum despite having time-out set to 'forever' etc.

Switched to local cookies, no change.

Switched that off and went for subdomain independent cookies and blammo, no access.

(Just thought) Is it possible to alter these settings back to default values by manipulating the php files or DB values in cpanel? Looking at the files, I'm guessing this is database driven?

I did try repair_settings.php and made sure all was as per default, but no joy, just reset my template to the default theme.

My host is having a look into mod_security as this is mentioned elsewhere on this forum.

Any help. very very much appreciated

G

Granular

Ok, here's the story so far.

My host tweaked the server (don't know what, guessing mod_security) and that solved the 406 error.

Now I can log in maybe after 2 or 3 attempts, but when I click any tab or link (any action I guess you would say) it boots me out saying I must login or register.

So frustrating as it was just one easy tick of a check box.... ::)

G

Granular

Ok fixed it.

Searched in DB using phpmyadmin found globalCookies variable and changed from 1 to a 0.

Was a little risky but.....it worked....forum  back up and running....thanks to all who viewed!

cya

G

Advertisement: