News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

about menu bar

Started by Eudemon, August 11, 2010, 07:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eudemon

i posted this problem before but i was busy wasn't able to try all the suggestions, later i still couldn't get it to work
so here i'm again :(

see the menu bar, when the forum is in english

when switch to other language, for example, chinese

some text are still in english, if i wanna manually edit these words what should i do

i tried to edit them in theme/default/languages/index.{language}.php
but it didn't work

some1 told me i can add the string myself, but. for example, the text "media"
it shows on the menu bar, but it's not in index.english.php, so i have no idea how to edit index.chinese.php

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

You just need to change the language strings in modifications.english.php or custom language file

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Eudemon

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on August 11, 2010, 10:29:15 PM
You just need to change the language strings in modifications.english.php or custom language file

im using simple portal
in modification.english there is no txt string for forum, so what string should i add to the custom language file for forum

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Requesting language files for those mods will do that, but if nobody can do that, you make your own..

ok what you need to do is open up modifications.english.php and look for those words that are still in English (assuming their in modifications.english.php) sometimes mods include their own language file, rather than just adding strings to existing ones.

So open it up and look for the buttons that remain in English. Once you find them you will be making another custom language file, taking not of the variable $txt and the string after it. you will add these variables to your custom language file  but change the English word to the language you want it to be

SMF 2.0 RC5

Eudemon

yes, that is what i was doing
the only problem is some button $txt strings are not in modification.english.php
i have no idea what $txt to use, for example the forum button(with portal installed)

nvm, thank you for your help

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

SMF 2.0 RC5

Advertisement: