News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

White screens after uninstalling simple portal

Started by dehsnowman, August 12, 2010, 12:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dehsnowman

I had a problem with images not shoing up because i was not attaching them to my current theme. I Was going through and uninstalling, then reinstalling all of my packages. When i uninstalled my portal now all i see is white pages.

I have links within my forum i can go to but i cant view them ? its only white. please help!

vbgamer45

First thing I would do is open index.php in the root of your forum
Find

<?php

Add after

ini_set("display_errors",1);

Then save and upload it.
That should at least tell you want error is going on.

If not you can also grab your last file backup found in packages/backups
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

dehsnowman

ummm, I have no clue how to do the first one. and no clue what to do with the second one 

dehsnowman

xenovanis

Quote from: dehsnowman on August 12, 2010, 12:58:54 AM
ummm, I have no clue how to do the first one.

Open the file index.php with an editor, such as Notepad++ and make the suggested change. So, in the file, search for

<?php

and directory below that, add this

and post back the results here.

How do I modify files?

and no clue what to do with the second one 

Extract the package and overwrite your current files with the ones from the package.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

dehsnowman

Quote from: xenovanis on August 12, 2010, 03:20:09 AM
Quote from: dehsnowman on August 12, 2010, 12:58:54 AM
ummm, I have no clue how to do the first one.

Open the file index.php with an editor, such as Notepad++ and make the suggested change. So, in the file, search for

<?php

and directory below that, add this

and post back the results here.

How do I modify files?

and no clue what to do with the second one 

Extract the package and overwrite your current files with the ones from the package.

Oke well I have  a feeling if I even attempt the first one I will mess it up beyond belief.  What file am i replacing? I already have the backup on my desktop ready to rename and replace.
(sorry for being a noob, i just want to be 100% sure i am doing it right before i do it)

xenovanis

In the root folder of your smf installation (it's the same folder the file SSI.php is in), open the file index.php with an editor. The first lines look like this:

<?php
/**********************************************************************************
* index.php                                                                       *
***********************************************************************************

Now, replace that part with this

<?php
ini_set
("display_errors",1);
/**********************************************************************************
* index.php                                                                       *
***********************************************************************************

Now, go to your forum url. There should be errors visible now. Copy these errors and post them back here.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

dehsnowman

Warning: main(/forums/Sources/Subs-Portal.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /forums/index.php on line 69

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/forums/Sources/Subs-Portal.php' (include_path='.:/include:/usr/lib/php') in /forums/index.php on line 69

xenovanis

Hi,

Could you attach the file index.php please? It's in your forum root, the same directory where the file SSI.php is in.

dehsnowman

I actually got it fixxed. My friend who is good with this kinda stuff looked at what you said and knew right wat to do whit the warning thing. :)

Thank all of you for your help and concerns tho :)

xenovanis

Ah, that's good news :) Good luck with your forum  ;)

Advertisement: