News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to change the color of menu tree?

Started by Plutuss, August 13, 2010, 06:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plutuss

How to change the color of the board tree that is below the menu? I can't find its shades in index.css.

EDIT - SOLVED:

I finally found the solution. I was using the Board Hover mod, and one can change the colours with the boardhover.css.

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Plutuss

Joker™

themes\default\css\index.css

Find:
.navigate_section ul
{
display: block;
margin: 0;
font-size: 0.9em;
padding: 1em 0 0.5em 0;
border-top: 1px solid #ccc;
overflow: hidden;
list-style: none;
clear: both;
width: 100%;
}

Replace:

.navigate_section ul
{
display: block;
margin: 0;
font-size: 0.9em;
padding: 1em 1em 0.5em 1em;
border: 1px solid #ccc;
background: #D3DCE3;
overflow: hidden;
list-style: none;
clear: both;
width: 100%;
}
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

Plutuss

CapadY

Did you clear your forumcache after the edit ?

Admin - Maintenance - Forum Maintenance - Routine, the last option
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Plutuss

Yes, of course I did.

Besides, the code in the first offer of help only allowed one colour change, and there are three colours at issue: the white background which is different from the forum background, plus the two shades of grey in the boxes.

Plutuss

No one has any ideas how to do this?

I know themes do it so someone must know how.

CapadY

First, don't bump within 24 hours. The only result should ne being ignored.

Second, your question was with an image and an arrow which arrow was pointing to a certain colour. You've got an answer where to change it and after that you complain about other colours and parts.

Maybe you can start explaining exactly what's your problem ?
For us it is realy difficult to read your mind and this kind of unclear stuff isn't realy motivating to help any further.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Plutuss

Quote from: capady on August 20, 2010, 12:10:31 PM
First, don't bump within 24 hours. The only result should ne being ignored.

Second, your question was with an image and an arrow which arrow was pointing to a certain colour. You've got an answer where to change it and after that you complain about other colours and parts.

Maybe you can start explaining exactly what's your problem ?
For us it is realy difficult to read your mind and this kind of unclear stuff isn't realy motivating to help any further.

Are you not clear about the part of the forum the arrow is pointing to? It is the menu tree below the main menu.

I appreciate the offer of help in the above post, but it didn't work. Any other ideas? I'm wondering if perhaps it is some kind of layered image instead of just an html code, or perhaps some other style sheet controls it. Maybe someone who has made some themes knows how to change it. Thanks.

Joker™

can you post a pic what result are you getting. what is the problem you are facing exactly .
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Plutuss

I finally found the solution. I was using the Board Hover mod, and one can change the colours with the boardhover.css.

Thank you to all who took the time to help.

butchs

Quote from: Plutuss on August 13, 2010, 06:17:04 AM
I finally found the solution. I was using the Board Hover mod, and one can change the colours with the boardhover.css. [/b][/color]

Do not forget to edit "boardhover-ie.css" too.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Advertisement: