Tab for uninstalled mod still appears...

Started by Alex P., August 13, 2010, 01:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex P.

I had the Ajax Chat mod on my forum (not exactly sure what that is- another admin installed it) but it was later removed.

It left a few things behind. I was able to handle where it appeared under users online saying who was in the chat, but on the default theme there is still a tab for Chat. I was wondering what file I go into to remove tabs. Any help would be great. :)

Please do not PM me for support.

gbsothere

Go to the mod's page (where you downloaded it) and use the pulldown to see the parsing instructions for your version of SMF.  (Make sure to set the button next to the correct zip file before using the pulldown.)   You will see the edits for your files.  Particularly check your Subs.php for any left over code (but check them all just to be sure).  Just reverse (do the opposite, particularly for "Replace with") and you should be okay.  Any "add after" or "add before" string can just be removed.  You'll need a text editor.

:)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

kat

BACKUP ANY FILES THAT YOU EDIT!!!

Just in case... ;)

Alex P.

Please do not PM me for support.

Advertisement: