News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[WIP] My first theme ever. :)

Started by Whisperer, August 14, 2010, 09:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whisperer

Hey,

I'm working on my first theme. I'm quite enjoying it. I barely have any knowledge of CSS, but luckily that's not a must. There's still some icons I'd like to change, but most of the work is done! :)

Basically most time was spend on "converting" the template to something easy to edit in Photoshop. (The menu_gfx and main_block files)

I'm quite happy with the outcome.

Since I can't post external links, I'm not able to give credits for Kenney who made these great smileys and link to a live demo.  :(

Bye!

Whisperer

Thanks. Used the same template to create this one, but it's not finished yet. And I probably won't finish it either, it was just something I did out of boredom. As you can see it's basically based on the default theme, just using some more 'effects'.

Robert.

rjckE

Wow man, this should be the default theme at stable SMF 2.0 !! that template is too much pretty! i really love it

Akyhne

Very nice, but still just another variation of Curve. But it's deff. one of the better.

Antechinus

Nice, although the link colour in posts in the yellow one is a bit doofus for good legibility IMO. I'd be changing that.

bloc

A rather nice theme or variation of Curve, often its the small things that count. I really like the 3D border on the buttons and headers, very elegant. :)

EDIT: that was for the blue version, the yellow is also not too bad...but the yellow is a bit light for me. Slightly more orange perhaps, would make stand out more. Probably a personal preference though.

You def. got an eye for color and know your Photoshop lol. Now all it takes is to learn some more CSS/HTML and a little PHP and you're all set. ;)

Whisperer

Hey guys, sorry for being so inactive! Thanks for all the great feedback.

I never got back here after my PC crashed and I was too lazy too start making more themes. But I've got the time for it now, so I might be starting again!
For those who PMed me for the theme files, I'm really sorry but I lost all of them. If you want one really bad I can try and recreate it of course.

Whisperer  :)

Remorker

Nice. Yellow and black in a great combination.

-Remorker

Advertisement: