News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

500 Internal Server Error

Started by TheListener, August 14, 2010, 11:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

Before I go completely bananas ( Oops too late)

The forum is showing a 500 internal server error.

has been doing this on and off for a couple days ( more off than on).

The server status is green however.

Any ideas where I should look?

There has been no work done on the forum for several days ( maybe a couple weeks)

The link is www.miltonkeynesaware.co.cc/mkaforum

gbsothere

It could be for many reasons, Brack1, but if you're getting it randomly, no matter where you are in the forum, and if you are on a shared server, it may be that you're "sharing" with others who are hogging a bit.  Before I moved to a dedicated server, I had this frequently, along with slowdowns.  My host tech informed me that my shared plan was being shared with some that he knew for a fact were "crazed gamers" (as he put it).  *grin*  This explained why certain times of the day were fine and other times were a pain.  Once I moved to dedicated, it all stopped.  If you're on a shared server, you might just ask your host about it.

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

kat

A 500's a kinda "Catch-all" error.

As GB said, your host's the one to hassle. ;)

This explains 500 errors rather well.

http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E500.html

QuoteIt is not a client-side problem. It is up to the operators of the Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error.

Advertisement: