News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Forum Pages

Started by IceXaos, August 14, 2010, 09:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceXaos

I was wanting to add some new pages to the forum.  I know how to add the tabs and everything, I just need to know how to actually make the page and hopefully easy enough to use an ?action=blah.

I use 2.0RC3, the default theme which I don't want changed for the extra pages so that can be skipped in the header.

Please and thank you for this, I can really use it.

PS : I know there's a mod for it, which I actually do have installed, but ain't to fond of, and it only allows a single page/tab, which don't seem to work properly with the permissions.  Even if I had that working, I would need this for other pages.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2604
This mod will give you 2 custom pages which fit nicely into the forum, looks neat.

It will add a tab, customizable, it will also add a customizable action.
It will also add to the whos online list, Viewing {page name}

Edits no template files, thus should work in any theme :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

IceXaos

I saw the MODs which allow extra pages, but I'm going to be using up to like 10+.  It'd be much nicer to have the ability to just add them myself, rather than stacking a bunch of MODs on there.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Is that a request for more pages :P

I can do that if you want, but seriously, how many pages, 10 is a bit excessive, I mean 10 extra buttons on their would make for a long array of buttons lol

SMF 2.0 RC5

IceXaos

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on August 14, 2010, 10:47:52 PM
Is that a request for more pages :P

I can do that if you want, but seriously, how many pages, 10 is a bit excessive, I mean 10 extra buttons on their would make for a long array of buttons lol
I already got the buttons up there, leading to other pages of the site, rather than forum pages.  Most of them fit nicely under one category, then it goes from there, but yeah the array is a bit large.  There might be a bit more than 10, but lazy to count lol.  I would just like to be able to add more at will so I don't have to worry about a limit being exceeded.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Why not have a drop down menu on the buttons, their will be less buttons then, but the same amount of links to your pages

I also have this mod, which adds 6 buttons and the sub menus (for curve based themes)
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2657
That would make your forum look more original since it wont be cluttered with buttons :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

IceXaos

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on August 15, 2010, 12:28:03 AM
Why not have a drop down menu on the buttons, their will be less buttons then, but the same amount of links to your pages

I also have this mod, which adds 6 buttons and the sub menus (for curve based themes)
That would make your forum look more original since it wont be cluttered with buttons :)
I do use a drop-down menu for it, clutter-ness ain't the issue.  I just need to add a ******load of pages, and there's no MOD that allows an infinate # of pages, so I'd like to know how to do it myself.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: IceXaos on August 15, 2010, 12:49:08 AM

I do use a drop-down menu for it, clutter-ness ain't the issue.  I just need to add a ******load of pages, and there's no MOD that allows an infinate # of pages, so I'd like to know how to do it myself.

Im actually working on one that does that, unlimited amount of buttons and unlimited amount of sub menu buttons too, its a bit more complex than my other mods, so its going to be some time before its completed. It will also let you change the order of the buttons too. That's going to be a while though...

SMF 2.0 RC5

IceXaos

Quote from: JohnCcCcCc on August 15, 2010, 12:54:53 AM
Quote from: IceXaos on August 15, 2010, 12:49:08 AM

Im actually working on one that does that, unlimited amount of buttons and unlimited amount of sub menu buttons too, its a bit more complex than my other mods, so its going to be some time before its completed. It will also let you change the order of the buttons too. That's going to be a while though...
So, could you just tell me how to make an extra page since you obviously know how to do it?  I'm just not 100% sure what goes in the header and footer.

IceXaos

Nevermind, found cicka's lil tutorial, so I'm all good now.  Got everything I needed. :)

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Glad you got it sorted the way you wanted, enjoy :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Advertisement: