SMF 2.0 doesn't show new postings in all boards

Started by nerdykit, August 15, 2010, 07:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nerdykit

As with many others, our Forum has a series of public boards and some for members only.  When I log in (as a registered Member) and I ask to see new postings since my last visit, I'm only shown new postings from the public boards, not from the members-only areas.  Can others verify with a similar setup verify that this is the same for them?

If it isn't, what setting should I be making to get my new postings display to cover the whole Forum for registered users.  (I think that when I was using 1.n version it was the same "public areas only" display so this isn't really a new issue, just one I'd like to learn about.)

Thanks

NK

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: nerdykit on August 15, 2010, 07:22:19 PM
As with many others, our Forum has a series of public boards and some for members only.  When I log in (as a registered Member) and I ask to see new postings since my last visit, I'm only shown new postings from the public boards, not from the members-only areas.  Can others verify with a similar setup verify that this is the same for them?

If it isn't, what setting should I be making to get my new postings display to cover the whole Forum for registered users.  (I think that when I was using 1.n version it was the same "public areas only" display so this isn't really a new issue, just one I'd like to learn about.)

Thanks

NK

Member only boards should be included for regular members, have you checked the board permissions to make sure that regular members is checked for that board?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

You should be able to view the new posts from all the boards in which you can see a topic. If that is not the case, then there could be some permission problem or it may be a bug within SMF.

Please let us know if it is resolved or not, we might give it a test after moving this to bug reports.

Advertisement: