News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

URGENTLY need assistance!

Started by XaiXo, August 16, 2010, 01:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XaiXo

Hey everyone, I'm having some serious issues.

I've been using SMF 2.0 RC1.2, and was unable to upgrade to the latest version in a regular fashion. After uploading the files via FTP, I ran Upgrade.php, and it has more or less wrecked my forum.

http://www.zombiepimps.net/forum

There seem to be a LOT of errors -
Today at 05:45:55 PM
ce346c34bf1b188ebc24aba7d398af16
Type of error: Database

For example.

I really need some help here - The few mods I was using have vanished, pages aren't loading properly, backgrounds are showing up white...

Could one of you SMF pros come onto the forum and help me fix this? And is there any way to roll the forum back properly? I backed up the whole thing prior to the update, but what of the mods and such?

Thanks in advance!

cicka

What are the full errors?

Yes, you can downgrade if you have the backup. You must restore it and then upload the rc 1.2 files too.

XaiXo

There's numerous errors, but the forum seems to have mixed the previous and new versions - The templates and theme seem to have messed up, with backgrounds not loading/loading wrong versions, alignment is off, profiles have issues...Yet these don't seem to be showing up in the Error Log.

Any ideas?

Also, will downgrading and restoring via the backup return the mods?

cicka

Quote from: XaiXo on August 16, 2010, 02:07:07 PM
There's numerous errors, but the forum seems to have mixed the previous and new versions - The templates and theme seem to have messed up, with backgrounds not loading/loading wrong versions, alignment is off, profiles have issues...Yet these don't seem to be showing up in the Error Log.

Any ideas?

Can you please provide some screenshots? The style you are using, is it from the time you were using rc 1.2? If that is a yes, you should uninstall it because styles for rc 1.2 from what I understand will not work at a rc 3 version because of the changes in those 2 versions.

XaiXo

Quote from: cicka on August 16, 2010, 02:10:22 PM

Any ideas?

Can you please provide some screenshots? The style you are using, is it from the time you were using rc 1.2? If that is a yes, you should uninstall it because styles for rc 1.2 from what I understand will not work at a rc 3 version because of the changes in those 2 versions.

Ah, yes - The theme is from when I was using 1.2. If that's the case, I'd like to revert - What's the process of doing so, if you don't mind me asking?

I'll put some screenshots up shortly.

cicka

Quote from: XaiXo on August 16, 2010, 02:17:30 PM
Quote from: cicka on August 16, 2010, 02:10:22 PM

Any ideas?

Ah, yes - The theme is from when I was using 1.2. If that's the case, I'd like to revert - What's the process of doing so, if you don't mind me asking?

I'll put some screenshots up shortly.

You do not need to revert. You can uninstall the style or upgrade its templates to be compatible with 2.0.rc 3.

To downgrade restore  the backup and then upload the rc 1.2 files too.

XaiXo

How do I upgrade the template for RC 3?

cicka

Quote from: XaiXo on August 16, 2010, 02:25:31 PM
How do I upgrade the template for RC 3?

Have a look at the smf 2.0. rc 3 templates and add the changes to the rc1.2. templates.

XaiXo

Also, here's 2 screens of some of the template/theme issues:

XaiXo

Tried to restore via phpMyAdmin, and this comes up:

SQL query:

-- ==========================================================
--
-- Database dump of tables in `zombiepi_smf1`
-- August 16, 2010, 02:02:46 PM
--
-- ==========================================================
--
-- Table structure for table `smf_admin_info_files`
--
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS  `smf_admin_info_files` ;

MySQL said:

#1046 - No database selected

And I'm now getting this on my forum: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/zombiepi/public_html/forum/Settings.php on line 33

Please help!

cicka

It looks like you did not select any database to import the backup. You should select teh database where your Smf forum is installed.

XaiXo

Done - The database backup has been uploaded. The forum still simply comes up as: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/zombiepi/public_html/forum/Settings.php on line 33

Please advise!

The help thus far is greatly appreciated! I hope we can solve the problem soon.

cicka

Quote from: XaiXo on August 17, 2010, 12:23:11 PM
Done - The database backup has been uploaded. The forum still simply comes up as: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/zombiepi/public_html/forum/Settings.php on line 33

Please advise!

The help thus far is greatly appreciated! I hope we can solve the problem soon.

Did you change something in that file? Can you post here the codes around line 33 but blank out any database informations.

XaiXo

How should I view the PHP file? Through CPanel? Dreamweaver?

cicka

Quote from: XaiXo on August 17, 2010, 12:55:55 PM

You must open it with a php editor, like context for example.

XaiXo

Quote from: cicka on August 17, 2010, 12:57:31 PM
Quote from: XaiXo on August 17, 2010, 12:55:55 PM

You must open it with a php editor, like context for example.

Done - The line itself is blank. Here's lines 26 - 35

########## Maintenance ##########
# Note: If $maintenance is set to 2, the forum will be unusable!  Change it to 0 to fix it.
$mtitle = 'Maintenance Mode';      # Title for the Maintenance Mode message.
$mmessage = 'ZombiePimps-We are in the process of a major upgrade on the forum. Keep checking back to see if we\'re back from the dead!

In the meantime, check out this mysterious message: http://www.zombiepimps.net/future.html';

In the meantime, check out this mysterious message: http://www.zombiepimps.net/future.html';;      # Description of why the forum is in maintenance mode.

While I'm unsure why line 33 is the error, the settings have $maintenance=2. I'll change that to 0 and see what happens!

XaiXo

Ok, I've uploaded the altered Settings.php, now it's saying: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/zombiepi/public_html/forum/Settings.php on line 35.

########## Maintenance ##########
# Note: If $maintenance is set to 2, the forum will be unusable!  Change it to 0 to fix it.
$mtitle = 'Maintenance Mode';      # Title for the Maintenance Mode message.
$mmessage = 'ZombiePimps-We are in the process of a major upgrade on the forum. Keep checking back to see if we\'re back from the dead!

In the meantime, check out this mysterious message: http://www.zombiepimps.net/future.html';

In the meantime, check out this mysterious message: http://www.zombiepimps.net/future.html';;      # Description of why the forum is in maintenance mode.

26-35, again. See anything wrong? Perhaps it's the duplicate of the maintenance message?

XaiXo

My apologies for the triple post!

Right, I've got the forum back up and running - However, the mods I had installed seem to be bugged.

4 of the 5 mods I have do not work - They don't show up anywhere aside from their listing in the Package category in Admin. Clicking Uninstall comes up with the usual test page, however EVERY test has failed. The mods are:

SimplePortal 2.3.2
Aeva video & audio embedding 6.9.99
Member Awards 2.1.7
Advanced Reputation System 1.7.5

The other mod is simply a custom profile field, which DOES work.

What is going on, and what should I do?

Anybody?

XaiXo

By anybody, I didn't mean spambots.  ::)

Advertisement: