Quick Registrations from Gmail, Ymail, Facebook, Twitter account to SMF 2.0 RC3

Started by khadhafi, August 16, 2010, 05:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khadhafi

Hai friends,
I found a website that can help us so that every user can login or register to forums just by using the API they have provided.
Its like Facebook Connect or Google Friend Connect login systems.

Register and login to the forum can be done with the SMF login and standard social Gigya login panel.

http://wiki.gigya.com/001_Authentication_Quick_start

Gigya has made an example that can be applied to Drupal, I hope someone can make these mods for SMF 2.0 RC3, so that we can fill in the API that have been provided by Gigya to run it.

I really appreciate it for anyone who wants to help to make these mods

Regards

Khadhafi

KensonPlays

Would I use this? DEFIANTLY!

EDIT:
Signed up and contacted them via email pointing to this post

vbgamer45

I would like to see this as well. Would need to support OAuth I have done some stuff with facebook/twitter.
But really have no idea how to make a good intergrated/user registration system for it.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Moif

We're using Gigya on our Wordpress site here: http://www.brap.fm/ and I'd love to see this for the forums. It would remove the steps needed to get registered and logged in and in turn generate more forum traffic :)

khadhafi

Hai guys....
After registering on Gigya site, i got 2 script that i must place to the top page for displaying panel systems and other is place in the body of the forum......
Too bad.... i don't know where i must place this script in the body of my forum...

Register to Gigya.com and go to here to get the script & API key

http://www.gigya.com/site/partners/widgets.aspx

This is 2 script that i've got grom Gigya:

Copy the code below to the head section of your page:
<!-- socialize.js script should only be included once -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdn.gigya.com/js/socialize.js?apiKey=2__smhADl0x3ieZnV9XXXXXXX-27j_P4XXXXXXIHCndljp"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var conf=
{
APIKey: '2__smhADl0x3ieZnV9XXXXXXX-27j_P4XXXXXXIHCndljp'
,enabledProviders: 'facebook,twitter,yahoo,messenger,google,linkedin,myspace,aol,blogger,wordpress,typepad,livejournal'
}
</script>

Copy the code below to the body of your page:
var login_params=
{
useHTML: 'true'
,showTermsLink: 'false'
,height: 292
,width: 200
,containerID: 'componentDiv'
,UIConfig: '<config><body><controls><snbuttons buttonsize="40"></snbuttons></controls></body></config>'
}
</script>
<div id="componentDiv"></div>
   gigya.services.socialize.showLoginUI(conf,login_params);
</script>

All this script must be place manually in the forum....
Can someone help me for SMF 2.0RC3?

Sorry for my bad english

Khadhafi

vbgamer45

Looking into for my sites now. Requires a bit more than javascript some php scripts to handle registration/login
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Moif

Sweet, is there a test site up?

EDIT: So there is. I noticed the test forums are 1.1.11, will this work for 2.0RC3 and up? And does this integrate with membergroups etc?
EDIT2: "Failed connecting. Please try again later"

:)

vbgamer45

Fixed thanks for the heads up had the wrong api key from my other site.

Yes works with SMF 2.0 RC3

Currently it just allows people to login/register using social network accounts. So if they have not logged in with a social network account before it will autocreate the account and next time it will just autologin.

Looking at the api for gigya and they offer other parts too that I may want to add in the future.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Moif

K, I'm in. Can't post new threads though but I'm guessing that's just the guest permissions on the test forum or is it the restriction as you described above?

vbgamer45

Yeah that's my demo site I don't allow guests to create topics it is mostly just showcase products.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Moif

Having some issues with the plugin. Have installed and added my forums domain - http://forums.brap.fm to my Gigya account. Have created new apps on all the corresponding social sites I'd like to use and have added the new keys but I'm getting 500 Internal Server errors.

I know Gigya works as I've added it manually to my Wordpress site.

Any pointers as to where I should start looking to find out what's wrong?

Moif

Fixed. gigya2.php needs to be set to 644. Was set to 666 :)

Amazing plugin, great effort. Exactly what I've been waiting for.

vbgamer45

Glad you enjoy it! Yeah sometimes I noticed with SMF permissions do not get set correctly for files added in the main root directory of the forum.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MaXiForum.cz

vbgamer45

Maybe really don't know much about utf8 thought the table format would do it but I would have to see if i can convert the %u codes with php

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

KensonPlays

Vb is the hack paid? "Pro"? If so I cannot but it :( checking now...

EDIT:
Dammit, I won't be able to use this! $25 for that? What a LOC!

khadhafi

Oww... nice...
Thanks for interesting in this gigya mod request.
whether there was a ready to wear mod for SMF 2.0 RC3?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: