News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

cannot install packages!

Started by neer2005, August 16, 2010, 05:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neer2005

hey i have smf 2.0 RC3 installed on my site at hxxp:insaneiph0ne.co.cc [nonactive] and whenever I attempt to install a package it is succesful but then nothing happens and I know that its not installing any because I have tried more than 1 package. Any help please? Thanks - neer

navarretemarce

I had the same problem too... but solved now. The package manager of SMF 2.0 seems to be really temperamental.
Please check your php configuration... it is mod_secturity off?
Also check for file ownerships and permission.
What mod are you trying to install?

neer2005

i was trying to install curve mobile mod, simple portal, proxy block....
can you please explain to me what mod_security is?
and Im pretty sure all the permissions in the packages folder are 777 same with the temp folder

Kill Em All

Ask your host to see if they have mod_security enabled. They will know what you mean.
Having problems with mod_security?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

navarretemarce

Check also your error log and post it here...
You can also try as follow...
1.- Uninstall all mods
2.- Delete the uploaded mods
3.- Try with only one simple mod..
4.- Upload it via FTP *NOT form the admin panel*
5.- Look at the mod praser and take note of the files that the mod needs to modify.
6.- Take note of the actual permission of this files. Especially those located at your-site.com/sources
7.- Change the permission of those files to 777.
8.- Install the mod.
9.- Works?
9.- Return the files permission to its original.

Let us know how goes  ;).

Kill Em All

Those are a lot of unnecessary steps navarretemarce. Just start with step 3.

edit: as a general rule, all folders should be CHMOD to 755 and all files should be CHMOD to 644.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

navarretemarce

Thanks  Kill Em All,
by sure many of the steps may be unesesary... are there only for extra security. ;)
I think that uninstalling the mods before make sense.
In case of during this "phantom" installation some files were modified, that may ensure that this changes are reverted.

Kill Em All

Well quite a few mods also doesn't uninstall cleanly. So the chances of having a mod that don't is quite likely, in which reintalling that mod will cause problems again.

Advertisement: