News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How Do I Un Code Ads?

Started by Bingham, August 17, 2010, 11:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingham

I belive some one Coded Ads into my site and i want to remove then now so i can add my own? How do i do this? Becuase i am going to add the using the Ad Manger.

rd

No offense but this is chit-chat... Not support board.

Who are your hosts? Are you using a free hosting service? if so, you can't remove the codes.

PS: codes don't just pop up, they have to be added by someone.

Bingham

It is A Paid Site.. But The guy put them in and has gone unactive and i want to put my own ones in now.

rd

Quote from: Bingham on August 17, 2010, 12:10:41 PM
It is A Paid Site.. But The guy put them in and has gone unactive and i want to put my own ones in now.

Which guy?

What did he use?

Do you have a Ad management mod installed? Check if anything is in there.

Bingham

Quote from: Royalduke on August 17, 2010, 12:17:04 PM
Quote from: Bingham on August 17, 2010, 12:10:41 PM

Which guy?

What did he use?

Do you have a Ad management mod installed? Check if anything is in there.
Auua Or Somink
Errr I am not sure :S I belive he done it on Data base or somthink , i think he done it by a code :S And Yea and nothink is there we have checked.

rd

He probably id it in template, I think in the index, just wait for him to comeback...

Bingham

Quote from: Royalduke on August 17, 2010, 12:32:14 PM
He probably id it in template, I think in the index, just wait for him to comeback...
Can i edit it?

rd

Yeah, if you know what to do.

Bingham

Quote from: Royalduke on August 17, 2010, 12:52:09 PM
Yeah, if you know what to do.
If people tell me then i will. Royal if you will help me i shall pay your 3 GBP Pounds.

rd

I believe the advertisment is posted in index.template.php

please attach that, let me and other members see if I can find the code. You don't gotta pay me... Let me see if it's there, but I wouldn't really know ;) since I've only ever used the regular ad mods or portal blocks to place ads.

Bingham

rd

FTP -> Sources -> index.template.php,  I believe.

Bingham

What is FTP? I got it of eXtplorer

rd

How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?

I made a mistake, it's not in the sources directory.

It's the theme directory, so please go to themes folder -> Theme that the ad shows up in, it should be Green Style and download a copy of the index.template.php to your computer, then attach it here.

kat

Bingham...

I noticed that you complained that your posts don't get much attention, at times.

If you post support topics in the support boards, they're more likely to be read and acted upon, than if you post them in Chit-Chat.

Chit chat is for chatting.

The support boards are for.... er.... support! :)

Bingham

Quote from: Royalduke on August 17, 2010, 02:34:06 PM
How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?

I made a mistake, it's not in the sources directory.

It's the theme directory, so please go to themes folder -> Theme that the ad shows up in, it should be Green Style and download a copy of the index.template.php to your computer, then attach it here.
Just wodering do you use Team Viewer and I shall look now.

Bingham

Here.

Quote from: K@ on August 17, 2010, 02:45:27 PM
Bingham...

I noticed that you complained that your posts don't get much attention, at times.

If you post support topics in the support boards, they're more likely to be read and acted upon, than if you post them in Chit-Chat.

Chit chat is for chatting.

The support boards are for.... er.... support! :)
Yes I know but i Know people From Chit Chat and they tend to help me a lot.

rd

I think this was made by Simpleportal.

Please look through the simpleportal blocks and check if any code like this is there:

(I found the code added btw, here it is:)

<center><script target="_blank" type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "pub-8080820489600551";
/* All 728x90 */
google_ad_slot = "4824186375";
google_ad_width = 728;
google_ad_height = 90;
//-->
</script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js?target=_blank">
</script></center>
            </div>

Bingham

I have looked and doesnt seem if any are there also how can i remove that one you found?

CapadY

Please don't bump within 24 hours, the only result will be you're ignored.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Kill Em All

Bingham, due to your impatience, I refuse to help you. Also the fact that it is probably breaking your ToS agreement if you remove the ads.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Bingham

Quote from: Kill Em All on August 17, 2010, 11:46:11 PM
Bingham, due to your impatience, I refuse to help you. Also the fact that it is probably breaking your ToS agreement if you remove the ads.
ToS? No because the guy that helped with the site added them because i asked him to. But know i want my own ones added so it isnt.

Bingham

Argh i need help man :( But okay.

kat

We're all volunteers, Bingham.

We're in different countries and all that.

I'm just off to bed!

I'll have a look, tomorrow, if nobody else has figured this out. :)

Bingham

Dont worry the guy has returned.
But having some problems.

Kill Em All

Since he has returned, do you still require our assistance then?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: