SMF 2.0 RC1.2 mod issue

Started by XaiXo, August 18, 2010, 10:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XaiXo

I apologise if this is the wrong board for this, but after the recent trouble and restoration of my forum, 4 of the 5 mods I have do not work - They don't show up anywhere aside from their listing in the Package category in Admin. Clicking Uninstall comes up with the usual test page, however EVERY test has failed. The mods are:

SimplePortal 2.3.2
Aeva video & audio embedding 6.9.99
Member Awards 2.1.7
Advanced Reputation System 1.7.5

The other mod is simply a custom profile field, which DOES work.

What is going on, and what should I do?

Anybody?

shadow82x

I think the easiest thing for you to do is to just use a large upgrade pack to get your forum to the latest version of 2.0, then after that re-install all of your mods and it will probably work :)
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

XaiXo

I've reinstalled and thus fixed 3 of the broken mods - Only the Members Awards mod is still not working.

I've tried reinstalling it, however it's not functioning properly - It says Subs.php has failed, and when I edit Subs.php to fix the failure, the mod doesn't display itself in the admin panel, and the in-post award box doesn't come up with any images.

Is Fustrate still around? I think he was in charge of this mod when this version was available.

shadow82x

If you are using a custom theme you need to install the edits it makes to the templates to your custom theme too. Look at this Manual Installation of Mods
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

XaiXo

It's not a custom theme - It's just a downloaded one with some images altered. The mod worked perfectly prior to the error.

Joker™

Have you tried asking this in mod support thread yet ?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Advertisement: