News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Member titles

Started by Reefie, August 18, 2010, 03:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reefie

Thanks for the help so far with my queries,think this is the last for now ;) I have been trying to set user titles,ie although I want for example moderator to show I don't want the title hero member below,I woulod just like moderator,admin etc for staff.I have looked in the admin panel but can't seem to find an option,will I need to use a mod to do this.

A world without a reef is a world in chaos

Leppie

go to Admin>Configuration>Current Theme, then tick the "Hide post group titles for grouped members" box and click save.

nightyyx

Hide post group titles for grouped members

this option won't hide also the simple users tittle status? i mean if someone want only moderators and admins hide their tittle?

Jakob Fel

I'm not sure I know what you mean. Do you mean that you only want certain groups' post groups to be hidden? If so, I believe that would require a mod.
Freelance writer and advocate for security, privacy & DRM-free distribution
Support and Community Management at SMFNew Free Forum Hosting

nightyyx

Quote from: Jake Deutschland on August 18, 2010, 10:04:41 PM
I'm not sure I know what you mean. Do you mean that you only want certain groups' post groups to be hidden? If so, I believe that would require a mod.

yes this one i am meaning.
I want administrator and moderators to have always hidden their post counted tittle  like "newbie" "heromember"

But regular members to have shown a tittle based on their posts...

Jakob Fel

Well, it only hides the post-counted status on the membergroups that you assign to members. Admins, Global Mods, and Board Mods all have their post-counted status hidden, as well as any other non-post-counted membergroups. The members who aren't in them, show their post status. Is that what you were looking for?
Freelance writer and advocate for security, privacy & DRM-free distribution
Support and Community Management at SMFNew Free Forum Hosting

Leppie

Quote from: nightyyx on August 18, 2010, 09:52:38 PM

this option won't hide also the simple users tittle status? i mean if someone want only moderators and admins hide their tittle?
no, it won't hide the post group titles as these are not primary groups. primary groups have to be assigned explicitly.

CapadY

Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Reefie

Cheers leppie that solved my problem marking solved ;)

A world without a reef is a world in chaos

nightyyx

Quote from: Leppie on August 19, 2010, 04:14:41 AM
Quote from: nightyyx on August 18, 2010, 09:52:38 PM

no, it won't hide the post group titles as these are not primary groups. primary groups have to be assigned explicitly.

you are so right:)
thank you

Advertisement: