News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Custom Profile Fields Above Signature

Started by colby2152, August 18, 2010, 04:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colby2152

I am unable to change the placement of my custom profile fields from "Standard / With Icons" (which work) to "Above Signature".  Nothing shows above, in, or below the signature for such an option.  Am I missing something here?
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

CapadY

No, you aren't missing something.

The only default possibility to show custom profile fields is in the signature and in the profile overview.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

colby2152

Quote from: capady on August 18, 2010, 05:30:20 PM
No, you aren't missing something.

The only default possibility to show custom profile fields is in the signature and in the profile overview.

What do you mean?  I am referring to the placement option in the custom profile fields.  Do I also need to change which part of the profile this field is in?
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

CapadY

Sorry, forget my answer.
I think I misunderstood your first message.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

colby2152

Quote from: capady on August 19, 2010, 05:43:52 PM
Sorry, forget my answer.
I think I misunderstood your first message.

No problem... perhaps someone else could help me out?  There are three options for custom profile field display.

1) With icons (by avatar, no title)
2) Standard w/title (by avatar, with title)
3) In Signature (above signature)

I want to use the third option but it does not work at all.  :-\

Joker™

What mod do you have installed, your theme and smf version. i think some code has jumbled in your display.template.php
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

colby2152

The problem was with a bug in the custom fields above signature option.  There is a thread in this forum about this issue.

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Deaks

colby2152 as you have not responded in a month I am marking this as solved, if you need further assistance please say and we will be happy to help you.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

colby2152

Quote from: Runic on October 09, 2010, 01:33:49 PM
colby2152 as you have not responded in a month I am marking this as solved, if you need further assistance please say and we will be happy to help you.

Thanks guys... it is resolved.

Advertisement: