News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Mail goes straight to members email junk folder how do you fix this

Started by arty5, August 18, 2010, 09:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arty5

When a new member signs up or request a ps reminder it goes to their junk folder for hotmail i don't know about the other email services, is their a fix for this any help would be much appreciated and sorry if this has already been asked  :)
My Facebook Id : 1245925771

Community Message Boards - Create a Free Sig Now

Community Message Boards - My Main Forum

gbsothere

Well, arty5, the thing is that each member's personal email settings are at play here and once you send it, there's nothing you can do on their end to make sure they get it.   :)

Each member is responsible to log into his or her email account, check the spam folder, open mail from your forum and mark it as "not spam" or "not junk".  Until they do this, it will continue to head for the junk bin.

You may want to post a sticky announcement on your forum advising members to check their spam folders for forum-generated email.  I understand that this is happening to new registrants, but, short of allowing guests to view your board and having that announcement visible, I don't see a way around it.
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

arty5

Thanks heaps for that mate, I suppose that should not be too much of a hassle, just saw that a member was requesting a pw reminder and thought abit the mail system lol anyways thank you mate again i will make a notification  :D
My Facebook Id : 1245925771

Community Message Boards - Create a Free Sig Now

Community Message Boards - My Main Forum

gbsothere

Make it in big ol' red letters.   :D

Good luck with the results, arty!
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Advertisement: