News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Serious problem with topics!

Started by nightyyx, August 19, 2010, 10:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightyyx

Guys something crazy going with my forum...
When i reply a post to a topic with some posts then the whole rotation of posts change.
The first topic message goes to the bottom down of page and the most new posts going up!
I want it normal.Why happens this?

Also i want by default  for every new user that he is register when he makes a post to a thread to return after his post back to his topic down to his post. Not throwing him to board that is the topic.
I know that if you tick in your reply screen at addiotional options the option "Return to this topic." is returning you back to topic normal but i want to be ticked this option by default.
And if i can make it not visible and changable for the user it will be more great.

gbsothere

Admin==> Configuration==> Current Theme==> Member Options

Click the link:  "Change current options for all members using this theme"

There, you will see:

Return to topics after posting by default.

and

Show most recent posts at the top.

There is a pulldown next to each choice.  Set it to change, if you want the setting changed, check the boxes next to each item and save your changes.

:)

If "Show most recent posts at the top" is not checked, then go into your profile under Look And Layout and see if it's checked there.

Note:  "Return to topics after posting by default." returns one to the last post on that thread.  (At least, that's how it works for me.)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

nightyyx

thanks alot. I had on my profile lay and layout  the option Show most recent posts at the top . Now is fine.
But about the  "Change current options for all members using this theme" the problem is that when i make the changes and i press save .The option that i enabled dint changed. When i press again at the link still i have to do it. And still the changes dont get affect.

gbsothere

Quote from: nightyyx on August 19, 2010, 10:37:11 AM
thanks alot. I had on my profile lay and layout  the option Show most recent posts at the top . Now is fine.
But about the  "Change current options for all members using this theme" the problem is that when i make the changes and i press save .The option that i enabled dint changed. When i press again at the link still i have to do it. And still the changes dont get affect.

Well, you'll need to do this for every theme that the members have access to.  You want to make sure, when you check the box next to the feature you want changed, that you also use the pulldown next to it, setting it from "Don't Change" to "Change".  Then when you're done, scroll down to the bottom and click Save.

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

nightyyx

Quote from: gbsothere on August 19, 2010, 10:40:19 AM
Quote from: nightyyx on August 19, 2010, 10:37:11 AM

Well, you'll need to do this for every theme that the members have access to.  You want to make sure, when you check the box next to the feature you want changed, that you also use the pulldown next to it, setting it from "Don't Change" to "Change".  Then when you're done, scroll down to the bottom and click Save.

I have set the option members cannot choose theme and to have as default my one custom. The problem is that i am doing it exactly as you saying.
Setting the pulldown Chnage then tick to the option that i want and then i press save.
Going me back to theme page but the changes havent take effect. Going back to theme options and the pulldown is at the "dont change" and the ticks that i did have dissapeared.

nightyyx

man i solve it:)
i shouldn't go to the Change current options for all members using this theme
but to the first link of theme options Configure guest and new user options for this theme

the first is if you have already members at your forum.
Me i have only me and my test account.
thanks alot anyway ;)

gbsothere

Ah, you left out that bit of information...   :D

I'm glad you got it sorted.

Advertisement: