News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Images not showing on any Theme that i install....

Started by davida50000, August 19, 2010, 06:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davida50000

I have discovered the awesomeness on SM, its great :)

Having a few issues though, whenever i install a skin the images are not showing, i have attached a image of the issue, this seems to happen with all the themes that i install, so i think i must be doing something wrong...

Thanks in advance!

hxxp:img826.imageshack.us/i/capturejm.jpg/ [nonactive]

gbsothere

I'm not having a lot of luck with that link, Davida.  How about adding a screenshot as an attachment with your next post?
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

davida50000

Its not letting me post images... :/

Let me try this...

You may need to manually copy and paste as i dont think its picked up as a link....

img826.imageshack.us/i/capturejm.jpg/

Maybe it will let me post a link to the site too:

www.vuzehosting.com/forum

gbsothere

Let's start with this:

On your server, open your forum's folder, then navigate to ../Themes/mysticjade/images

Look inside and tell me if you see off.gif or on.gif? 

I'm getting "Not found" when right-clicking on where it should be:

http://vuzehosting.com/forum/Themes/mysticjade/images/off.gif
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

davida50000

Sorry, should have mentioned that, i did the same thing.

There are no .gif's to be found, however there are .png's of all the missing images, it is difficult to tell what image are missing though, there does appear to be a lot of images not showing on the forum when you look at what the template should look like, however when i install any theme, i get the error where the files are usually .png's however the site is looking for .gif images that do not exist.

Thanks.

gbsothere

Quote from: davida50000 on August 19, 2010, 09:21:27 PM
Sorry, should have mentioned that, i did the same thing.

There are no .gif's to be found, however there are .png's of all the missing images, it is difficult to tell what image are missing though, there does appear to be a lot of images not showing on the forum when you look at what the template should look like, however when i install any theme, i get the error where the files are usually .png's however the site is looking for .gif images that do not exist. 

Thanks.

Okay....  well, a couple of things.... 

In the mystic jade zip, in the images folder are the gifs.  Go ahead and upload them to /Themes/mysticjade/images then refresh your browser and let's see if they show up.

Another thing....   I've had a bit of Scotch tonight, but not so much that I should be seeing double.  I see this on your topics page:  (Look at the attached image).  Is that how you see it?  I'm wondering if you downloaded and installed the right version.   That theme is "Off.png" and "On.png" for RC3 and "Off.gif" and "On.gif" for 1.1.11.

davida50000

I see 2 of the same thing, and i havent had a drink tonight haha :(

The image shows the .zip file, i don't see any .gif's i just have .png's

hxxp:yfrog.com/mvcapturedqj [nonactive]

gbsothere

Quote from: davida50000 on August 19, 2010, 09:29:13 PM
I see 2 of the same thing, and i havent had a drink tonight haha :(

The image shows the .zip file, i don't see any .gif's i just have .png's

http://yfrog.com/mvcapturedqj

Davida, I think the zip you have is for RC3 and that's why the images aren't showing and the page is messed up.  Uninstall Mystic Jade through Admin==> Themes and download the 1.1.11 zip here:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=367

If you're not finding those gifs in the zip you have, it's the wrong version.  :)

Install 1.1. 11 and see how that looks.

davida50000

Ahh, i think that is what i have done...

I am trying to get to the admin area but there is no link to be found (probably due to the wrong theme version...

Is there any direct link to get to the admin area?

Thanks.

gbsothere

davida50000

Perfect now!

I cant believe all it was, was me using the wrong version haha :)

Thank you very much for all that help, it is much appreciated!

gbsothere

There ya go!   ;)

Good to see it sorted.  Now, because of the aforementioned Scotch, I'm going to shuffle off to bed and go horizontal.  *grin*

Goodnight, Davida! 

davida50000

Advertisement: