News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Fresh install on a VPS.. cant install packages

Started by amlucent, August 19, 2010, 08:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amlucent

So my overseller webhost keeps suspending my account for going over my "UNLIMITED" resources.  I picked up a VPS and I think I have all the configuration correct but when I upload a package it asks for all my FTP info.. which I provide.. then when I go to install it looks like it unzips the package to the /Packages/temp directory but then bombs out when running them to actually install the package.   

I have double checked from the shell and my temp directory is 777.  Any ideas?  I just know it has to do with permissions.

Kill Em All

What do you mean it bombs out? What exactly happens?

All folders should be CHMOD to 755 and all files should be CHMOD to 644. Except the temp directory which should be 777.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

amlucent

SMF reports it installs...  uninstall will fail however when you look at any files that should have changed and any directories that should be created you will notice that no changes were made.  It unzips the package to temp and thats it.

This is smf 2.0 RC3 on ubuntu 10.04 server.

Kill Em All

Hum, check with your host to make sure that mod_security isn't enabled.  That could be causing some issues.

If not, take a look here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=28393

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: