RHTAMI - Remove Hot Topic And Message Icons (Fully Hook!)

Started by Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail, August 20, 2010, 04:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Please provide me this file as well: MessageIndex.template.php

Ihmeliö

Oh, and: I would like to just first remove everything related to this mod, so that I could re-install the mod later, because I'm not sure if the users of our forum want to keep on using the mod - some found it difficult to follow without any icons at all; I guess we're going to try just removing the message icon column for now.

Quote from: Ihmeliö on November 17, 2010, 07:41:22 AM
Oh, and: I would like to just first remove everything related to this mod, so that I could re-install the mod later, because I'm not sure if the users of our forum want to keep on using the mod - some found it difficult to follow without any icons at all; I guess we're going to try just removing the message icon column for now.
Thank you for informing at the very last minutes but I already finished with the manual changes so I guess I won't need to reply you anything further on this. I guess you will just need to restore your original file to achieve this on your own.

Ihmeliö

Quote from: ahrasis on November 17, 2010, 07:56:04 AM
Thank you for informing at the very last minutes but I already finished with the manual changes so I guess I won't need to reply you anything further on this.
I presume you're feeling frustrated for the useless work? I'm sorry, I just originally missed this part: "I take it that you want to remove both hot topic & message icons)." -- I thought I had said it more clearly than I apparently did that I'd first like to get all traces of the mod removed, before doing anything else.

All this time you are talking about installation and claimed that it is not working though everybody else is installing it just fine and got it working fine too. So, I guess there is no point I am arguing with you on that and straight away help you with it, manually. It costs me some time but back then I was thinking of helping, even to the extend of manually editing files too. Unfortunately, some people do take for granted other people's time of helping.

So, if you want to restore, you should know that SMF do keep a backup automatically in your forumroot/Packages/backups folder. Find the backup in a compressed format file by the name of the mod. Make sure you get the right file (based on date and time to be exact). Extract the file to forum root either by copy and extract it there OR use cPanel file manager to extract the file on forum root.

Good luck.

Ihmeliö

Quote from: ahrasis on November 17, 2010, 12:05:40 PM
All this time you are talking about installation and claimed that it is not working though everybody else is installing it just fine and got it working fine too.
I claimed so because that's what happened for me - I'm not doubting that it worked for other people. And of course I don't think that it was your fault, and I am glad that you've helped me. I haven't taken your help for granted, and am grateful for it. :)

sharks

I tried installing this on a fresh SMF 1.1.12 (with no other mods installed prior to this mod) and i get this error:
Failed ./Themes/default/Recent.template.php

Can you please fix this? I have been going crazy by uninstalling all my other mods on my live forum, until there were no mods installed but it still gave me this error. So, i set up a fresh SMF installation and it still gave me this installation error, so there is no doubt that a little bit of code is not quite right somewhere. Hopefully someone can help to figure this out.

sharks, i also faced the same trouble when using it. I am fixing it. Last time I tested it, the packages were just fine. I am attaching on of them here temporarily.

sharks

Quote from: ahrasis on December 26, 2010, 08:10:11 PM
sharks, i also faced the same trouble when using it. I am fixing it. Last time I tested it, the packages were just fine. I am attaching on of them here temporarily.

Finally an update!! Thanks a lot, mate. :) Good to know you haven't retired. I also need the 'remove hot topics' mod.

Snorge

This mod only works for the default theme.  Can you add support for all themes?

tennis4you

I tried doing just the Message Icon one and got the following:

1.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test successful
      2.    Replace    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test successful
      3.    Replace    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test failed

I am using the default Curve on 2.04.

Quote from: Snorge on January 03, 2011, 04:09:42 AM
This mod only works for the default theme.  Can you add support for all themes?

This is why the thread is here.

Quote from: tennis4you on January 03, 2011, 12:16:50 PM
I tried doing just the Message Icon one and got the following:

1.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test successful
      2.    Replace    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test successful
      3.    Replace    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test failed

I am using the default Curve on 2.04.

Just upload the relevant files here for help.

sharks

I want to remove only the hot topics column from my fresh SMF 1.1.12 default theme.
I tried the specific hot topics mod from the smf mod site and i see this error when installing:

./Themes/default/Recent.template.php    Test failed

ahrasis, i appreciate all your efforts to make this mod functional, but this is taking a very long time, so maybe it would be easier for you if you just posted the edits instead.

I can see you have a package parser and so is SMF. Why don't you use it. Currently this mod is locked at the mod site for reasons I do not know. So, not many I can do.

Quote from: sharks on December 28, 2010, 05:13:42 AM
Quote from: ahrasis on December 26, 2010, 08:10:11 PM

Finally an update!! Thanks a lot, mate. :) Good to know you haven't retired. I also need the 'remove hot topics' mod.

By the way, the file that I have attached prior to the above reply i.e. RemoveHotTopic&MessageIcon111.zip remove both Hot Topic & Message Icon is tested and was meant for you. Why is there so many questions about removing them individually when you can remove both at once? Just use this one mod to remove both icons.

sharks

I used the updated package you attached to your reply and it still gives me an error when installing, which is why i suggested something simpler as i do not use the hot topics column at all and it's cluttering the screen unnecessarily. Some of my members like to use message icons, so i decided to leave it for now.

I can help you manually removing them provided all relevant files are attached here. I'll show which codes to be removed or changed here then. This is simply because even many say they are using default, they have made changes to that default files and most of the times due to that one or two lines or codes are missing and will show error during installation.

Advertisement: