RHTAMI - Remove Hot Topic And Message Icons (Fully Hook!)

Started by Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail, August 20, 2010, 04:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I just want to make sure of the version as I might overlook something while from 1.1.3 to 1.1.4. My guess is that it is repeating eventhough he is using the latest version. $context though is globalized, have been seen to cause undefined index error since it is source/template specific. As such I am removing $context['icon_url'] while updating the mod to 1.1.5 version.

#Change Logs

@Version 1.1.5
- Trying to fix error reported in here.

BellGab.com

Quote from: Steve on January 31, 2015, 09:53:25 AM
The obvious next question being did you get the same errors after upgrading ...

Yes.

Newest version now installed...

BellGab.com

here's the new error since updating to latest version of mod:

I cannot update OP for the time being but the mod is updated in trying to fix error you just reported.

#Change Logs

@Version 1.1.6

BellGab.com

Quote from: ahrasis on February 02, 2015, 09:29:38 AM
I cannot update OP for the time being but the mod is updated in trying to fix error you just reported.

#Change Logs

@Version 1.1.6

new version installed.  i'll report back.  thanks.

akbora

A lot of errors I have...

error_handler   Sources/RHTAMI.subs.php:154

error_handler   Sources/RHTAMI.subs.php:152

So I uninstalled it. Thanks
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

No problem akbora. But if you can more details on the version and the error(s), that will be much appreciated.

And thank you BellGab. I will be awaiting for your report of any more error(s).

BellGab.com

The errors have cleared up since the last update.  Thank you.

BellGab.com

Quote from: ahrasis on February 06, 2015, 02:30:29 AM
Thanks to you too BellGab.

i hope versions of SMF going forward will rip all of these little icons and doodads out by default.  they couldn't look more 1996 and nobody cares to see them.

Steve

Quote from: BellGab.com on February 06, 2015, 05:09:00 AMi hope versions of SMF going forward will rip all of these little icons and doodads out by default.  they couldn't look more 1996 and nobody cares to see them.

Agreed. I see no purpose in them anymore.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Arantor

Hot topic icons were removed from 2.1, message icons were not (because people do actually use that)

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

BellGab.com

Quote from: Arantor on February 06, 2015, 02:07:33 PM
Hot topic icons were removed from 2.1, message icons were not (because people do actually use that)

well, i'll admit i'm quite minimalist.  on my forum, i don't even display signatures, personal text, post counts, etc... very clean and simple, but many people have told me it's the uncluttered overall appearance that really made them enjoy using the forum.  everybody's different, though... and all of this stuff can be changed to one's liking, which is all that matters.

BellGab.com

hi there.  i have the following repeating entry in my cpanel error log:

File does not exist: Themes/default/images/post/.gif 

since that's the folder where all of these little message icons reside, could the error be related to this mod?

I think that means gif file is wrongly name or missing but it doesn't seem to relate to this mod. Please check your SMF error log for any trace of error from this mod, if any.

BellGab.com

Quote from: ahrasis on March 30, 2015, 04:44:02 AM
I think that means gif file is wrongly name or missing but it doesn't seem to relate to this mod. Please check your SMF error log for any trace of error from this mod, if any.

no entries in the smf error log that pertain to rhtami.

the problem is something is calling ".gif"... a file name that's nonexistent.  it's being called from multiple pages on the forum, so it looks to be something that happens with each page load.  i just don't know how to go about determining what's calling it.

Can you list your mods? May be we can check which mod is the culprit from the list.

BellGab.com

Quote from: ahrasis on April 01, 2015, 08:54:49 AM
Can you list your mods? May be we can check which mod is the culprit from the list.
Sorry, I just saw this. After almost 8 years of modding and hacking my forum, I decided to just do a clean installation of SMF. It was time. There were several things that weren't right. All is fine now. Thx.

Advertisement: