RC3 Security Loophole?

Started by ftforum, August 21, 2010, 02:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ftforum

In the past 10 days I have recieved approximately 20 spam registrations. My security system for reg includes the highest level of captcha / code verification. I do not have the questions enabled though. These people are getting past the SMF security features it seems.

Acans

I doubt this is a bug.

It doesn't have to be a bot registering.

I've heard of company's that pay PEOPLE to register and post these in a forum.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

I wouldn't call it a bug aswell. It is quite possible that those are humans or bots backed up by human verification of Captcha.

Have a look through other spam prevention modifications and try installing them if that helps: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=search;type=19

Kill Em All

I moved this over to 2.0 support board as this isn't a bug.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

ftforum

The registrations seem too automated to be human influenced if you ask me, but just thought I would bring it to peoples attention.

Kill Em All

Yeah, it is probably spam bots. Have you tried to setup some anti bot measurements? Take a look at FLAMER's post.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: