News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

2 big issues

Started by Grim Line, August 22, 2010, 02:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim Line

SMF 2.0RC3

• My background isn't updating for users. I have a new background in place and cleared the site cache many times but my users still see the previous background.
  • How do i make my website display on all screen resolutions? At the moment it's all over the place with different sizes and overlapping objects. How do i make all users see the same with no overlaps and all images the right size with no scroll bars etc..?

Oranos

Quote from: Nick; on August 22, 2010, 02:56:55 PM
SMF 2.0RC3

• My background isn't updating for users. I have a new background in place and cleared the site cache many times but my users still see the previous background.
  • How do i make my website display on all screen resolutions? At the moment it's all over the place with different sizes and overlapping objects. How do i make all users see the same with no overlaps and all images the right size with no scroll bars etc..?

1. Have your users press ctrl + F5 to do a hard refresh on their browser. This will clear their browser's cache so they can see the new background.

2. I'll leave that for someone more knowledgeable on that subject.

Grim Line

Yes they have and showed me print screens. It appears only mine has the newest background.

Grim Line

Still not resolved this "/

Kill Em All

Sorry for the delayed response.

1. Tell them to try a different browser.
2. Use % instead of amount of pixels...

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: