News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

No one can log into the forum

Started by frantic, August 22, 2010, 05:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frantic

Ok, so earlier today i posted a topic about my site being broken (Displaying link text down the left side of the screen).  It turns out that my hosting company added a .htacess file to my home director to force a www. prefix. And then did something to make my forums look normal again.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=397093.0

They fixed up my forum and everything was looking good.  However, no one can log into the forums now, which is werid becuase they added the same file to the test site which has all the same mods as well and that one works fine. Everyone keeps getting the "You need to fill in a username" error.  I can't access my admin panel or anything.  No other users can log in as well.  I'm wondering if it has anything to do with our forum looking broken earlier? Do i need to contact my host or is this a problem i can fix on my side.  I didn't install any new mods or anything like that. 

SMF:2.0 RC3
www.gadgetank.com

frantic

I just deleted their new htacess file and everything works fine now.  I lost my www. prefix but at least i can log in.

the code in their new htacess file in the server was this:

# FORCE WWW IN URL
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.gadgetank\.com [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.gadgetank.com/$1 [R=301,L]
# END FORCE WWW IN URL

Any ideas what went wrong?

Kill Em All

Directory settings might not have been right.... something iffy might of been in the old .htaccess.

What is repair_settings.php?

There is always that to help out too.

I'll mark this solved though since its now working.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

frantic

thanks kill em all. much appreciated

Advertisement: