News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Access Via Post Count

Started by kizer, August 23, 2010, 01:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kizer

Ok, I feel like a real idiot here so please bare with me.

I have a Jeep website and like any other vehicle related website there normally is the following:

4Sale
Tech
Clubs
Off Topic

Now members do their normally day activity and post in various areas, which is highly encouraged. What I'd really like to do is limit what a member can do under a specified number of posts. For instance when a member joins and has 0 posts I'd really not want them to post in the 4Sale Section because we have had many members join post up their stuff for sale and never return.

What I'm asking is is there way to say any member under 10 posts can not add a new topic to a specified area and if so how becasue my head is beginning to hurt from staring at the 2.X admin panel.

I created a post count user group and said they could not see the 4Sale Area, but they can because I'm guessing they are getting their permissions based off a Regular member.
Own a Jeep? Links4Jeeps.com

kizer

Ok, figured out that I had to remove access to the 4Sale section from my "Regular" group members and then set the settings to allow for each of the post count group.

Of course now everybody, but the post count group I wanted can see it.

Kinda works, but I was really hoping I could set it up so everybody could read it, but whatever post count group I assign could only read it, but not reply.
Own a Jeep? Links4Jeeps.com

CapadY

you can remove a lot of the permissions of regular users :)
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Advertisement: