News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Database Error

Started by treehugger, August 24, 2010, 05:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treehugger

I'm attempting to install Living Avatars 1.1.4 on SMF 2.0 RC3 and when I ran /forum/living_avatars/install/install.php it came up with this error - anyone any idea what I need to do please?

Living Avatars Database Error

Invalid SQL: SELECT ID_MEMBER AS userid, memberName AS username, emailAddress as email FROM xxxxxxxx_members WHERE memberName = 'Madmini' LIMIT 1
Error: Unknown column 'memberName' in 'field list'
Error number: 1054
Date: Tuesday 24th 2010f August 2010 08:59:13 PM
File: http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk/forum/living_avatars/install/install.php

vbgamer45

Living Avatars 1.1.4 was not made for SMF 2.0 only SMF 1.1.x so it will not work there.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

treehugger

Wow - that was quick - thank you vbgamer45.

When I ploughed through the threads about it on vb a few people said they'd installed it on SMF 2 - they just didn't say how. :'(

vbgamer45

I use it on SMF 1.1.x that code would need to be rewritten in order to work correctly.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

treehugger

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

treehugger

Does anyone know if there's a way into the Living Avatars forum please?

vbgamer45

It has been offline for about a year now because I check every now and then to see if there is an update.
That is not their core product the guy owns/runs subdreamer cms I am not sure if he sold out or not.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

treehugger

Thanks vbgamer45 - I know the altered code is already out there - tracking it down just isn't proving easy. :(

treehugger

Just letting you know that I tracked Subduck down through Subdreamer but he says it's a discontinued product, can't even remember the last time he looked into that code and I should just forget about using it.

Arrgghhh - I hate giving up on things. >:(

vbgamer45

I would buy it off him but the main part is I am unsure of the licensing of the images I don't think they made or own them.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

treehugger

Does no harm to ask him. ;)

For anyone who doesn't want 'tarty' or weird, it really is a great system.
Both Arwym Starlight and Howeler have posted here about getting LA to work with SMF2 and I've pm'd them both but no reply yet.

Advertisement: