Problem with moving my forum

Started by trekkie2444, August 25, 2010, 01:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trekkie2444

I've just moved my forum between hosts (but kept the name the same) but after moving all of my files and the backed up database that I had (which gave me a single error saying there was a duplicate entry) it just times out every time I try to access it. I uploaded repair_settings.php but I can't even access it to change any of my settings. I changed some things in settings.php but it doesn't seem to be working still. I also can't find the database server so I put localhost, but I'm assuming that might be the cause of my problem. Any other ideas? I can't really access anything on it.

trekkie2444

Also, when you go to the address, you just get a message saying that it can't be found. But the files are definitely there on the server, this doesn't make any sense. Check it out:

http://e-p1.net

CapadY

Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

JPA

Just a thought, have you checked the file permissions?
As above, so below.

trekkie2444

I said originally that I tried repair_settings.php but the file won't load when I try to access it. I changed the file permissions to 777 and still nothing.

trekkie2444

Also I uploaded an index.html page to use as a placeholder for the forum while I got the problem fixed, but when you go to the address it doesn't work. Before I uploaded the forum's files it did work, but I deleted it. Now that I put it back up it doesn't work? Also going to http://e-p1.net/index.php doesn't work (times out) but I tried putting the installer file back in (which also isn't working) but when I go to http://e-p1.net/install.php it will go to the page, although the script doesn't function. I'm really confused why it's doing this.

trekkie2444

Somehow got it to work.

Now I'm getting this famous error:

Table 'e-p1.smf_settings' doesn't exist

When I go to the Query window of PHPMyAdmin, I don't see that table or any like it listed, so how do I search for it to repair it?

CapadY

Quote from: trekkie2444 on August 26, 2010, 12:44:01 AM
Somehow got it to work.

Now I'm getting this famous error:

Table 'e-p1.smf_settings' doesn't exist

When I go to the Query window of PHPMyAdmin, I don't see that table or any like it listed, so how do I search for it to repair it?

It looks like youre database isnt completely restored.
The only way to get this table back is restoring it from a backup file of your database.
Also try to work with default SMF theme till everything runs fine.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

trekkie2444

Kill Em All

Sorry for the delayed response, take a look at this doc.

Restoring a Database

Hopefully the file is fully backed up properly.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: