News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Cookies Problem!

Started by exteeyou, August 26, 2010, 06:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exteeyou

Hi all,

I searched for a solution to this via the forum and google. I also know that the issue only occurs with "Zero99" theme from DzinerStudio, when trying to login to the forums using IE7/8 and/or Safari - Firefox works fine.

* I am running SMF 2.0 RC3
* My website is www.maineairsoft.org
* httpd 2.2.14-1
* php 5.3.2-2

Here are the mods I have installed:
1.     Facebook_Like v.1.3     1.3     [ Uninstall ]
2.    TinyPortal    1.100    [ Uninstall ]
3.    Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio    7.0    [ Uninstall ]
4.    reCAPTCHA for SMF    0.9.8    [ Uninstall ]
5.    Stop Spammer    2.3.7    [ Uninstall ]
6.    SMF Store    1.3.11    [ Uninstall ]
7.    Advanced Reputation System    1.8.1    [ Uninstall ]
8.    SMF4iPhone-Mod    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
9.    Treasury    2.06    [ Uninstall ]
10.    Move Old Topics    1.3.6    [ Uninstall ]
11.    Custom Form Mod    1.6    [ Uninstall ]
12.    Member Awards    2.2    [ Uninstall ]
13.    PM to New Members    1.2    [ Uninstall ]
14.    Join date in Posts    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
15.    PM Attachments    1.5    [ Uninstall ]
16.    SimpleDesk - Integrated Helpdesk for Simple Machines Forum    1.0 Felidae    [ Uninstall ]
17.    Tidy Child Boards    1.2    [ Uninstall ]
18.    Personal Messages to Membergroups    1.4    [ Uninstall ]
19.    Referrals Mod    2.2.7.2    [ Uninstall ]
20.    Join Reason    1.2    [ Uninstall ]
21.    SMF_Points    0.2    [ Uninstall ]
22.    Leaderboard Page (by Arantor, [email protected])    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
23.    AjaxChat Integration    3.2.1 (modified for SMF 2 RC3)    [ Uninstall ]
24.    Ultimate Profile    0.9.1    [ Uninstall ]
25.    SMF Gallery Pro    3.0a    [ Uninstall ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried repair_settings.php, and I have changed the cookies settings around a bit as well, in addition to changing the cookie name. If I switch the theme to Curve, I can login just fine with IE 7/8 and Safari, which leads me to firmly believe the problem is with the theme and/or a combination of one of my mods with said theme.

So, let the help begin! :-)

dabears

If the other themes work fine as you indicate then it sounds like a theme specific issue. Can you confirm there is no issue when using other themes for example?

exteeyou

dabears

Quote from: exteeyou on August 26, 2010, 07:22:47 PM
Read the end of my post.
Then it would suggest its the theme. Look at your forum error log and that should give you an indication, unless there is no errors?

Either way, sounds like the theme your using. Ask for help with that specific theme in the support thread for it.

exteeyou

Um.. anyway...

How about some one else? No disrespect but you couldnt even read my entire post...

Kill Em All

I read your whole post... and I would of said pretty much the same thing... so I'll repeat it for mister or miss dabears.

Is there anything in your forums error log? As far as your mods go, are you sure that you made all the proper edits to your custom theme for them?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

exteeyou

Np..

I am tired and going to get to bed I will post back on the log results tomorrow. As for the mods, I have never had any cause this, so I simply installed the theme and here I am..?

exteeyou

I just realized I didn't post the actual error...

I get "You were unable to login. Please check your cookie settings." with IE, but not with FF. If I switch to Curve for example, I can login fine with IE and FF. There are no errors in the error log and the files on the server have the correct ownership and permissions level (755).

exteeyou

I isolated the problem to only occurring when using the login form at the upper right corner of the page.

If I add the code:

<select name="cookielength">
                                                <option value="60">', $txt['one_hour'], '</option>
                                                <option value="1440">', $txt['one_day'], '</option>
                                                <option value="10080">', $txt['one_week'], '</option>
                                                <option value="43200">', $txt['one_month'], '</option>
                                                <option value="-1" selected="selected">', $txt['forever'], '</option>
                                        </select>

Before:

<div class="clr"></div>
                                                                                <input id="login_button" type="submit" value="" name="submit" />

Then it works just fine....

So, how can I fix this? Leaving the code in there messes up the theme's layout and makes it a bit ugly. I set the <select> tag to hidden, but the layout is still messy.

oOo--STAR--oOo

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW Ur an amazing talker.... I can't help but laught at you.

Don't expectany help with that attitude.
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

exteeyou

Quote from: aljo1985 on August 27, 2010, 02:14:18 PM
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW Ur an amazing talker.... I can't help but laught at you.

Don't expectany help with that attitude.

Troll.

Learn to spell.

oOo--STAR--oOo

I got you to spell for me :D
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

kat

As that's a Dziner studio theme, I would suggest that it's Dzner studio that you should be asking, for support.

After all, they'll know their themes better than we do.

exteeyou

Quote from: K@ on August 27, 2010, 02:35:23 PM
As that's a Dziner studio theme, I would suggest that it's Dzner studio that you should be asking, for support.

After all, they'll know their themes better than we do.

Thanks K, I figured as much. I was just looking to get the fastest answer I suppose.

:)

kat

I can understand that! :)

Speaking personally, it seems, to me, that a few of their themes seem a bit like hacks, in a way.

They'll know what they did and why they did it, though. ;) (I hope!)

Bobn

Quote from: exteeyou on August 27, 2010, 12:45:26 PM
I isolated the problem to only occurring when using the login form at the upper right corner of the page.

If I add the code:

<select name="cookielength">
                                                <option value="60">', $txt['one_hour'], '</option>
                                                <option value="1440">', $txt['one_day'], '</option>
                                                <option value="10080">', $txt['one_week'], '</option>
                                                <option value="43200">', $txt['one_month'], '</option>
                                                <option value="-1" selected="selected">', $txt['forever'], '</option>
                                        </select>

Before:

<div class="clr"></div>
                                                                                <input id="login_button" type="submit" value="" name="submit" />

Then it works just fine....

So, how can I fix this? Leaving the code in there messes up the theme's layout and makes it a bit ugly. I set the <select> tag to hidden, but the layout is still messy.

In which file did you make this edit?

Advertisement: