News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

are there any GOOGLE like themes/skins for SMF

Started by tranceterry, June 24, 2005, 08:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tranceterry

Hi All

Was wondering if anyone had come across or developed any themes for SMF which have the look and feel of "Google News"

i.e. news.google.com

or any similiar themes ....

Thanks in Advance

PopLife

I have a good idea.

Go into the Graphics and Templates forums, and find a thread entitled "themes" (how ironic). Then go through the themes until you find one that you like. If there is no theme that looks close enough to google for your liking, then I can't help.

bloc

News in google is actually a rather "busy" layout... but if you mean lightweight CSS-based, I am trying out ideas for one or 2 themes. ;)

tranceterry

Thanks Bloc

i really like your "Simplicity" theme as this has a portal look feel as well as some google like elements.

someone told me that google news spent millions researching and surveying and consulting into what would be the best layout for news posts .... and what you see today is the culmination of that ..... it seems to work i guess .....

that's why i wondered after looking around in themes for hours .... but the closest in my opinion was "Simplicity"

Thanks

tranceterry

Quote from: giba_choo on June 24, 2005, 10:28:18 AM
I have a good idea.

Go into the Graphics and Templates forums, and find a thread entitled "themes" (how ironic). Then go through the themes until you find one that you like. If there is no theme that looks close enough to google for your liking, then I can't help.

I did ... and it wasn't easy .... after more than hour the best i could find was "Simplicity" by Bloc.

Advertisement: