News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

IE News Fader Bug

Started by improv, August 29, 2010, 06:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

improv

Hey everyone.

I just found out that the news fader isn't working in IE(8).
I came behind it because my friend told it to me.

Is this seen as a bug, or ?
Its pretty annoying in my opinion. Since every visitor should be able seeing what anyone else can.
I appreciate feedback/comments on it :)

Kill Em All

What do you mean by it doesn't work? Have you tried using IE's compatibility mode? What version of IE are you using? There are some entries in the bug tracker when you search "news fader" without quotes that have been marked solved.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

improv

Hey, by doesn't work I mean it simply doesn't rotate through the other news it should show. Only the first news line stands there and it won't change.
I am using IE 8, my friend too. I've tried compatibility mode but that doesn't work either.

Couldn't find any bug for news fader.

Kill Em All

I would link you, but unfortunately due to the way the page is setup, the link wouldn't bring you there. So here is a screenshot.

It seems to be working on RC3 and one of the latest dev versions of SMF. And this is without me using compatibility mode.

What theme are you using along with what mods?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

improv

Kill Em All, I am using a custom theme which I am developing at the moment and mods which shouldn't -- cause a problem.
I'll try Scratching my Head's hint. Thanks :-).

Edit: OMG that's the most dumb thing I ever seen.
The method of Scratching my Head really fixed it, djeezus IE really sucks :D.
Thanks guys!

Advertisement: