Uh oh... messed something up!

Started by rngrdanny22, August 29, 2010, 06:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rngrdanny22

Good evening,

I was trying to manually install TinyPortal a little while ago and once I did, I was no longer able to access by Boards. I kept getting the error message "The board you specified doesn't exist".

I thought it was something to do with the manual install, so I went in and undid everything. The error is still occurring.

What causes this error? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thank you! Have a great day!

Oh, and website is: www.FordRanger.net

Thanks!

Matthew K.

rngrdanny22

Nothing in relation to this error. The only error in the log was from about a month ago when an avatar didnt upload properly.

So far I've tried:

Clearing the cache
Optimizing tables
Locate and Fix Errors (under file maintenance)

Matthew K.

It seems to be related to pretty URL's, from what I can tell. Maybe uninstall it, and see if that clears up your issues or not.

rngrdanny22

I uninstalled PrettyURL's with no errors and the error is still occurring.

Thank you for taking the time to try and assist me!

Deaks

is it the forum in your signature, if so it seems that pretty urls is still in use
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

rngrdanny22

I'm sorry, I should have marked the topic solved...

I ended up reinstalling all the Source and Theme files and deleting all the Package files. Pretty much started over from scratch at that point. No posts or info lost since I didnt mess with the database!

Thanks to Labradoodle for all your help!

Advertisement: