News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF<> Mambo registration question.

Started by flits, June 24, 2005, 11:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flits

I hope someone can help me since It's a rather difficult to explain question  :(

Here's my problem....
I am running my website on Mambo and use the Mambo-SMF integration tool from hxxp:www.mambohacks.com [nonactive]

That tools gives the admin an option to sync the usertable of SMF and Mambo but......

At registration Mambo has different rules about what characters may be used or the ammount of characters.
For example. I am capable of registering usernames with only 2 characters or spaces in SMF but this is not allowed in Mambo.

Now things went tits up  :'(

Because synchronization error occur because Mambo doesn't allow username with just 2 characters  :(

Is it possible to keep the rules of both the same? Both allowing or disallowing short usernames, spaces and/or characters.

Hope you guys know the answer because I am kinda stuck and can't ask 500+ members to reregister  ::) :-[

Thanks in advance
Flits.

Kindred

well, you should ask over on the mambohacks forums for more clear answers.

However, since this is a restriction in MAMBO, not in SMF, I think you will need to try modifying your mambo functions...
Either that... or you can go into the database, do a global replace of space with _ (underscore) and then make a news announcement on the front page telling people that if they had a space in their username, it is now and underscore...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

flits

Is there is no 'simple' way to use the mambo rules ???
No spaces, more than 2 characters and contain 0-9,a-z,A-Z

Kindred

well, even if there were, it would not help members that have already regsitered under your (previously existing?) SMF with mambo-illegal names.

But, to ansdwer your question... yes. Edit Themes/default/register.template.php and/or Sources/register.php to do some error checking...
although, with the bridge, you may have to edit the bridge registration file, instead of the SMF registration file...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

flits

:( The thing is that I used the Mambo registration module for registration, so I don't know what went wrong  :'(

Thanks for the quick replies ;)

Advertisement: