PremiumBeat Mp3 Player

Started by Chen Zhen, August 30, 2010, 05:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

Quote from: amcapt89 on November 08, 2010, 08:51:52 PM
Hello there,

I use adk portal and I can create a php block.

Unfortunately when I create it the following error is displayed: "Mp3 Player Malfunction"

The url I used is exactly the following: my_music/music/song.mp3

Any idea on how to solve this issue?

Many thanks for your help.

amcapt89

For the time being, please make sure not to use IE8 64 bit when testing/using this application.

ref. http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

... if you are using 64bit IE8 and you navigate to the above link, you will see that a stable version for the needed plugin is not available for this version of IE8 yet. This plugin is necessary to use this forum modification.

For any other browser, you will need to have the adobe flash player plugin installed. (latest version is 10.1 atm).
The above link will work for any browser download.

Usually not having the plugin installed can cause that error message.

Quote from: sharks on November 09, 2010, 12:08:10 AM
Can someone please post a link to a working example of this mod? I have tried the example link from the first post but it's not working anymore as the site is dead.

My site was down today due to server problems. The problem has been dealt with and the site is now operational.
Currently, the mod is also being used on the forum page (hidden) as well as the example page (visible).

Quote from: 沙灘排球 on October 25, 2010, 04:08:45 PM
Ok...Underdog...I'll assign you Admin Privileges in order for you to check it for me...

I'll really appreciate that....

Thanks....I'lll be waiting....

I tried to contact you on your site within the last week without response. You granted me temp. admin for some functions however this mod was not installed on your forum and I had no access to the package install menu.
I'll try your site again when I have more time.

Quote from: tomce on November 06, 2010, 02:29:37 PM
is it posible this mod to be aytoplay and to continue with the song, not at every loaded page to start over and over

thanks

Quote from: biguran on November 06, 2010, 02:36:44 PM
Hello, great mod

I do have the same problem like tomce! The mod is installed on a aquatics forum, full with boards. Every time a member clicks on a page the music starts over. To be honest it is really annoying.

Is it possible to have the player playing 24/7, not depending on the activity from the forum?

thanks

The only way I can think of doing that is with a popup. Optional type of block can be used for it I suppose.
This option has previously been requested and noted and I will look into implementing this in the next version release.
No given time line.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

amcapt89

Hello there,

many thanks for your reply.

I tried to view/test it from mozilla (64 bit) with the latest flash player plugin installed (as linked). Playlist ID 1 track 1 my_music/music/song.mp3. Folder CHMOD 0775.

Unfortunately I did not have any success. Any idea why?

Many thanks indeed for your help!

PS: simpleportal, SMF 2.0 RC

Chen Zhen

Quote from: amcapt89 on November 11, 2010, 10:17:18 PM
Hello there,

many thanks for your reply.

I tried to view/test it from mozilla (64 bit) with the latest flash player plugin installed (as linked). Playlist ID 1 track 1 my_music/music/song.mp3. Folder CHMOD 0775.

Unfortunately I did not have any success. Any idea why?

Many thanks indeed for your help!

PS: simpleportal, SMF 2.0 RC

Do both the playlist id in your block AND mp3's match?
If so... try changing them both to playlist 2 for example

From its settings menu you must also opt its dimensions for visibility and/or autoplay.

For example... if it's set at 0x0 dimensions and the autoplay is off.. it will not work!

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

Chen Zhen

If you want your mp3 block (with specific playlist) to only play on certain themes, simply wrap the following code around the existing mp3 block:

Change the $theme value to the theme you are opting to use..

global $settings;
$check = $settings['theme_url'];
$theme = 'theme_name_rc4';

if (strpos($check,$theme))
{
/* Put existing premiumbeat block code below this line!! */

}

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

eyo

how do i use this with ezportal? can you give me instructions? i copy pasted the code on a php block and it says syntax error

eyo

can you help me with this? i think im about to mess up my board again just by installing this mod :(

ive tried ezportal , hidden in index.template.php method

put music in the proper directory, just 1 song to test. 755chmod, still nothing.
this is so frustrating lol

Chen Zhen

Quote from: ggman on December 17, 2010, 05:05:39 AM
can you help me with this? i think im about to mess up my board again just by installing this mod :(

ive tried ezportal , hidden in index.template.php method

put music in the proper directory, just 1 song to test. 755chmod, still nothing.
this is so frustrating lol

I am testing on EzPortal as we speak and it is working fine.

PHP Block Code:

/* Set Playlist ID Number  - default is 1  */
/* Playlist number 1 will play on all blocks... Other playlists are block specific  */
$playlist_id = 2;

$id_of_game = !empty($_REQUEST['game']) ? (int) $_REQUEST['game'] : 0;
if ($id_of_game < 1)
{
global $boardurl, $scripturl, $modSettings;

/* Adjustable parameters  */
$width = 0;
$height = 0;
$skin = '#FFFFFF';
$autoplay = 'yes';   /*  yes = autoplay,    no = manual play  */

/*  Read database settings for block -  these can be overidden by adding remark tags around this part and adjusting above variables */
if (!empty($modSettings['customMusic_width']))
{$width = $modSettings['customMusic_width'];}
if (!empty($modSettings['customMusic_height']))
{$height = $modSettings['customMusic_height'];}
if (!empty($modSettings['customMusic_skin']))
{$skin = '#' . $modSettings['customMusic_skin'];}
if (!empty($modSettings['customMusic_autoplay']))
{
  if($modSettings['customMusic_autoplay'] == 1)
     {$autoplay = 'yes';}
   else
    {$autoplay = 'no';}
}

$_SESSION['customMusic_checker'] = true;
if($playlist_id < 1) {$playlist_id = 1;}
$_SESSION['playlist_id'] = $playlist_id;

echo'<script type="text/javascript" src="my_music/swfobject.js"></script>

<div id="flashPlayer">
Please install Adobe Player for your browser
</div>
<div id="flashPlayer2">
<script type="text/javascript">
   var so = new SWFObject("my_music/playerMultipleList.swf", "mymovie", "'.$width.'", "'.$height.'", "9", "'.$skin.'");
   so.addVariable("autoPlay","'.$autoplay.'")
   so.addVariable("playlistPath","',$scripturl,'?action=customMusic", "SESSION")
   so.write("flashPlayer");
</script></div>';

echo'<script type="text/javascript"><!-- // --><![CDATA[
document.getElementById(flashPlayer2);
// ]]></script>';
}

Make sure to set the playlist ID from your mp3's and match it at the start of the block.
Also make sure to adjust the mods settings.. you need to add dimensions if you want the player visible and also you have an autoplay option.
If the player is not set to autoplay and the dimensions are at 0x0 ... it will not work.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Thredziii

hi,
I use SFM 2.0 RC4 with PortaMx 0.990 front page, I installed your mod, i can configure in admin panel with "Premiumbeat", but i cannot see the player...
please would you help me a few for completing this install if i need to do something on a file.
thank you

eyo

ezportal block says i need to install adobe flash, i did, still nothing.

Chen Zhen

Quote from: Thredziii on December 17, 2010, 06:52:23 AM
hi,
I use SFM 2.0 RC4 with PortaMx 0.990 front page, I installed your mod, i can configure in admin panel with "Premiumbeat", but i cannot see the player...
please would you help me a few for completing this install if i need to do something on a file.
thank you

Did you adjust the dimensions in its settings?

Quote from: ggman on December 17, 2010, 06:58:43 AM
ezportal block says i need to install adobe flash, i did, still nothing.

Are you using 64bit IE8? 
I just checked and there is still no Adobe update for that browser version.

Check this link: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

If that link says the player is not available for your browser then you are using 64bit IE8.
If you like IE and want to use the player, the only thing I can currently suggest is using the 32 bit version of that browser.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Thredziii

eyo

nope im using mozilla. gave up on the invisible and deleted the text edits now i just want it on ezportal to keep it simpler.
ive installed flash player like 5 times now, still nothing.

ive got a couple questions:

*i upload 1 5mb mp3 song is this ok?
*i put /my_music/music/song.mp3 and just /my_music/music/  in the path of the songs coz i installed the mp3 file tehre(tried both urls) do i put www.mysite before those?
*chmod text edits all check out
*default is 1, i matched it in the php ezportal block and the settings of the premiumbeat mod,00 height and width autoplay 1 etc etc

Chen Zhen

Quote from: ggman on December 17, 2010, 07:26:58 AM
nope im using mozilla. gave up on the invisible and deleted the text edits now i just want it on ezportal to keep it simpler.
ive installed flash player like 5 times now, still nothing.

ive got a couple questions:

*i upload 1 5mb mp3 song is this ok?
*i put /my_music/music/song.mp3 and just /my_music/music/  in the path of the songs coz i installed the mp3 file tehre(tried both urls) do i put www.mysite before those?
*chmod text edits all check out
*default is 1, i matched it in the php ezportal block and the settings of the premiumbeat mod,00 height and width autoplay 1 etc etc

The url for your own site does not need the starting slash. you start from the mods folder in your main directory
my_music/music/song.mp3

chmod what? all the files being used should be already readable.
no default smf files are edited btw.
This mod saves your mp3's in the db.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

Chen Zhen

Quote from: Thredziii on December 17, 2010, 07:18:28 AM
yes i did it /:

For the mp3 settings list:

- valid mp3 url entries
- enable mp3's you want to play
- set playlist for each mp3
- set dimensions and/or autoplay (if desired) for its settings

For the block/module:

- Proper php code (look back approx. 7 posts)
- Playlist ID in this block must match playlist ID in the mp3's you want to listen to here.
- Actual PHP Block/Module must have its parameters/settings correct  (Portal specific)

For the page:
Currently only the 32bit version of Adobe Flash Player will allow this modification to operate.
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

eyo

yeah im using 64bit system but its mozilla. ill try using a 32 bit comp tomorrow

Chen Zhen

Quote from: ggman on December 17, 2010, 08:26:01 AM
yeah im using 64bit system but its mozilla. ill try using a 32 bit comp tomorrow

You can have both 32 and 64 bit versions installed at the same time.
You need to create a manual shortcut for one of them I think (I had to).

Search mozilla specifically for the 32 bit version.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

eyo

oh ok thanks for the tip, i have a bad feeling ill need more of it tomorrow :)

biguran

Quote from: tomce on November 06, 2010, 02:29:37 PM
is it posible this mod to be aytoplay and to continue with the song, not at every loaded page to start over and over

thanks

Quote from: biguran on November 06, 2010, 02:36:44 PM
Hello, great mod

I do have the same problem like tomce! The mod is installed on a aquatics forum, full with boards. Every time a member clicks on a page the music starts over. To be honest it is really annoying.

Is it possible to have the player playing 24/7, not depending on the activity from the forum?

thanks

The only way I can think of doing that is with a popup. Optional type of block can be used for it I suppose.
This option has previously been requested and noted and I will look into implementing this in the next version release.
No given time line.
[/quote]

any luck with this?

tnx

Chen Zhen

ggman:

Try this Mozilla add-on:

Located here: 64 Bit Mozilla Plug-In

Try installing that into your 64 bit mozilla browser.

Quote from: biguranany luck with this?

tnx

Currently I am working on another modification and this one is next on the agenda.
I am going to add the popup option and also I have to do some other changes.
  ;)

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

eyo

Quote from: -Underdog- on December 17, 2010, 10:25:14 AM
ggman:

Try this Mozilla add-on:

Located here: 64 Bit Mozilla Plug-In

Try installing that into your 64 bit mozilla browser.

hmm i think its my platform thats doing these errors i get, coz it says its not compatible with my platform.
Quote from: biguranany luck with this?

tnx

Currently I am working on another modification and this one is next on the agenda.
I am going to add the popup option and also I have to do some other changes.
  ;)

Advertisement: