[Depreciated]

Started by Depreciated, August 30, 2010, 06:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

impreza

Useful, thank you. I'm starting to try to
Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

mariusfv

I like the mod, but I think you can make it more flexible, to be possible to be excluded administrators and global moderators and maybe hero members, as you say in your description: "for n00bs", I think administrators, global moderators and respectable users like hero members(>500 posts) aren't n00bs and can be excluded for showing the 'post rules'.

nice job!

Depreciated

Siirist

Quote from: mariusfv on April 22, 2011, 02:12:59 PM
I like the mod, but I think you can make it more flexible, to be possible to be excluded administrators and global moderators and maybe hero members, as you say in your description: "for n00bs", I think administrators, global moderators and respectable users like hero members(>500 posts) aren't n00bs and can be excluded for showing the 'post rules'.

nice job!

Hi,

I agree, YET, I understand that the above can be um, "challenging?".
My thought, I believe, to be considerably simpler, ie, can you tell me (us, the other users of this mod) how to change the wording from:

"Please read the rules before you post." to
"Please remember the rules and guidelines before you post."
I await your reply.

Sincerely,
Cloud  8)
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Kindred

Change the Text string in modifications.English.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Siirist

Quote from: Kindred on June 29, 2011, 07:30:48 AM
Change the Text string in modifications.English.php

Hi Kindred,

AWESOME!!! ;D  Thanks for knowing so much.  :D

Will go do that now and post the results.  ;)

Thanks again,
Cloud  8)

UPDATE:
Functions perfectly.  Thank you again, Cloud
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

eric1234

I searching up and down still dunno where to change the link to my own rules

dreamfox

Hi,

How can i NOT display the icon before the text?
I dont want to show the icon in the rules

nevsutt

nevsutt

Kindred

I believe it is in the database... not a file.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

nevsutt

That makes sense as to why I couldn't find it

Now how do I modify it ?

Kindred

Iirc, here is a field in SMF admin, under mod settings
Слaва
Украинi

nevsutt

Kindred

actually, re-reading the mod you enter the URL of the rules page....   it defaults to the action=help page.

So, you would have to use a mod to create another page under your forum and input the url into the settings
Слaва
Украинi

nevsutt

Kindred

well, the admin field should be obvious...
See the mod page, final image
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2696

as for adding another page... there are literally dozens of mods that do this. Find one that you like and use that
Слaва
Украинi

puw

Hi, with 2.0.4, this fails the default theme. Any advice pls?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

puw

Advertisement: