Previous topic - Next topic

Changing to 2.0

how do I start?
0 (0%)
in know issues with 2.0?
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

thefley

How hard is this going to be? I don't want to upgrade I am going to try and set up a sub account and start fresh with 2.0 while keeping my forum going and safe while I do this, then transfer thing over to the new site when ready.   what are the known issues.

I use TinyPoral now but I see that I might have to change to a new portal, what one should I use?

can i import my database?  if not how do I get my members and posts transfered?

tones of questions, please tell me what I should do to get this moving.

Thanks for any help

www.greatplainsriders.com

kat

You can't import a v1.1.x database into a v2.x installation, I'm afraid.

Basically, BACKUP EVERYTHING! Then, upgrade.

Your mods will break, no question. As will all your themes.

I feel certain that there's a version of TP that will work with v2RC3.

thefley

Quote from: K@ on August 31, 2010, 12:28:55 PM
You can't import a v1.1.x database into a v2.x installation, I'm afraid.

Basically, BACKUP EVERYTHING! Then, upgrade.

Your mods will break, no question. As will all your themes.

I feel certain that there's a version of TP that will work with v2RC3.

Ok My database is HUGE but I can back it up through the admin / maintenance part of SMF    (is there another way to get the data base from the host/server?)   and I have FTPed everything from my SMF folder to my hard drive... if I would be to crash it trying to update it   would I be able to restore it with all that I have backed up listed above?

www.greatplainsriders.com

Oranos

You can also back up your database via phpMyAdmin

If you've backed up your files and everything, and something goes wrong, you can get back to how you were with your back ups.

kat

Quote from: thefley on August 31, 2010, 06:37:46 PM
Ok My database is HUGE but I can back it up through the admin / maintenance part of SMF    (is there another way to get the data base from the host/server?)   and I have FTPed everything from my SMF folder to my hard drive... if I would be to crash it trying to update it   would I be able to restore it with all that I have backed up listed above?

Yeah, that'd do it.

If your site has CPanel, you can backup both the database and the "Full home directory" from Files>Backups.

You can restore, from there, too.

Advertisement: