News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Why I cannot post at all?

Started by Akanti, September 01, 2010, 03:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akanti

I am trying to start a new thread in my forum and I can't. When I select ''New Topic'' all I get is a redirection to a link that looks something like this :

mywebsite.com/index.php?action=post;board=2.0

Nothing after that, just a blank page.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Robert.

Did you rename your forum directory?

xenovanis

Did you install any modifications prior to this happening? Are you using a custom theme?

Check your errorlog in Admin -> Maintenance -> Forum Maintenance and post back any errors from around the time you were trying to post a new topic.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

davidtkachuk

did you move anything?
did you remove the Post.php file? in sources?
I create websites, i am an expert. I do not make mods nor themes, but i am working on a few...Check my sites!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!

Akanti

I was making a file modification and I needed to post a new thread to see if it was working.  So, I tried to post a new thread and that's what I got  :(

xenovanis

Did you make a backup ... ? If so, try replacing it. If not, undo the changes you made.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

davidtkachuk

are you the admin of the forum? if so try making a new category and try posting there
I create websites, i am an expert. I do not make mods nor themes, but i am working on a few...Check my sites!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!

Akanti

I did replace the edited file with the original one (still not working) and yes I am the admin of that forum.

davidtkachuk

can you give us a link to your site?
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!
Bully Free Zone!

Akanti

I am deleting everything right now... I did a fresh install today so I don't mind deleting everything. I'll keep you posted.

xenovanis

For feature reference, if you have cache enabled and you made a modification, empty your cache after doing so.

Akanti

xenovanis

Since the original issue no longer exists, I'll mark this solved now  ;) Feel free to mark it unsolved if the error returns.

Advertisement: