If you install 2.0 from scratch will it...

Started by MoreBloodWine, September 03, 2010, 12:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoreBloodWine

If you install 2.0 from scratch will it detect a 1.1 DB and upgrade it or would you need to use the 2.0 upgrade ?
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Kill Em All

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: Kill Em All on September 03, 2010, 12:10:56 AM
You need to use the 2.0 upgrade.
Upgrading SMF
I figured as much but when I do upgrade for good I wana start with a clean install meaning I want to wipe out my entire site folder. I guess if anything I could wipe out the site, re-install 1.1.11 and then upgrade from there.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Kill Em All

The upgrade will do that for you, except it will keep the attachments and database. although it will make changes to the database.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

MoreBloodWine

So it even cleans up / out the package folder then since those mods would be useless for 2.0 ?

Kill Em All

It should, although you might have to do that yourself. Which really isn't a big deal.

YogiBear

Sometimes you'll find another version of a mod has been written for 2.0 or by searching a mod's support thread (starting at the end and working backwards can be quicker) you'll find someone has released a tweak so the mod works with a later version.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Advertisement: