News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Prune Personal Messages

Started by 4X4UK, September 03, 2010, 09:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4X4UK

I know each member can prune their own personal messages, however most do not.  Was wondering if it is possible to prune personal messages of all members that are for example older than 90 days

Reefie

you should be able to using php myadmin

A world without a reef is a world in chaos

xenovanis

This is not possible by default. I'm pretty sure there is a topic about this in the Mod Requests board, but I can't find it anymore :(

You could, however, set a maximum allowed number of personal messages for each membergroup, which will force them to clear out their mailbox from time to time.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Kill Em All

This isn't really allowed as there are security risks for the members themselves, which is why we avoid stating how to do this.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

4X4UK

AH well no worries guess I will just have to empty the personal messages table

xenovanis

Be nice and warn your members before doing that  ;) After all, it's personal messages we're talking about. They might want to save some things. Also, don't forget about the option where you can set a maximum allowed number of messages for each membergroup. That will force them to clear their messages regularly.

I'll mark this solved now.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: