News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Recount post count.

Started by Wiejeben, September 04, 2010, 11:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiejeben

Hi,

I've another request; it's about a recount for the user posts.
So a script that recounts the entire user posts-number, because in the past I got a little problem with an administrator who was editing some post counts.

This would be a useful future since there are modifications that allow people to buy a higher post count.
But there's no way to put it back to the actual number.

Quote from: Wiejeben on January 30, 2011, 03:29:19 PM
After all this modification isn't compatible anymore. I would like to see this as a new future because admins can change post, so it would be useful if there was something to recount it.

Maybe something extra than that little modification Oya gave in the beginning of this topic.
What about when you hit the recount button there would be a list with which people their post count is disordered (Don't know the exact word). So it would be possible to check who's post count is offset, how much it is and a checkbox next to it would be useful to select which users I want it to be restored.

Hopefully a developer will pick it up and put some spare time in it and create a really easy tool.

Greetings,
Maarten

Various Rulez

I agreee it would be very usefull
http://www.beatthebullies.co.cc/index.php - My Site Beat The Bullies

User: x_magma_x - PM if you are intrested in Mod :)

email - [email protected]

Wiejeben

Quote from: Oya on September 04, 2010, 11:43:19 AM
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2324
OMG! Thank you very much. I couldn't find the mod in the first place.

But anyway.... Lock this topic???

Oya

all i did was search for recount posts

Norv

IMHO posts recounting should also be a feature of standard SMF. I doubt we can add it for the upcoming 2.0 version, but for the future, I think it should be done.
Therefore this topic can very well remain here, as Feature Request. :)
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Various Rulez

How do i get it to work on 1.1.11?
http://www.beatthebullies.co.cc/index.php - My Site Beat The Bullies

User: x_magma_x - PM if you are intrested in Mod :)

email - [email protected]

Wiejeben

Quote from: Norv on September 04, 2010, 04:21:31 PM
IMHO posts recounting should also be a feature of standard SMF. I doubt we can add it for the upcoming 2.0 version, but for the future, I think it should be done.
Therefore this topic can very well remain here, as Feature Request. :)
I fully agree with you! I like the modification, it's on the right page etc.
This is something you only should use if you find out a administrator cheats with the posts, if you got a modification that does change the postcount for you or if you manually remove posts/topics from the database it doesn't change the post count.

chappy59

Was there an answer for this, on 1.1.11   ?
~teresa~

"normal" is  a dryer setting.....

Norv

It definitely won't be considered as feature to 1.1.11. (nothing is considered for 1.1.x implementation anymore for a very long time now).
As for the mod, please consider asking the author in the mod's support thread, maybe they may make or help with a 1.1.11 version.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

Kindred

Why do people not read?  There is a big, sticky post that says "READ THIS FIRST - REALLY!" at the top of this board. I just updated it with new information that specifically addresses 1.1.x, and 2.0...   and yet people like chappy just post the same question in every thread..... ARGH!
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Akyhne

Quote from: Kindred on September 08, 2010, 09:13:18 AM
Why do people not read?
Because they need to open a topic to read it ::)
That's why i made the Topic Note mod that also includes board notes.

chappy59

Here's another thought..... some of us are new, don't know our way around the forum and / or are overwhelmed by all the info - then, we happen upon a post that asks a question we see no answer for so we simply post, " was there an answer to this".....  My apologies for not knowing how it all works here......
~teresa~

Oya

what kindred is getting at is that theirs a topc in a diffrnt color rihgt their in teh board taht says read frist

chappy59

I understand.. I was responding to a post that was already here and not moved so I assumed it was appropriate to post my question here as well since it was concerning the original post ... I guess I made the wrong decision to post here.
~teresa~

Norv

Wiejeben

After all this modification isn't compatible anymore. I would like to see this as a new future because admins can change post, so it would be useful if there was something to recount it.

Maybe something extra than that little modification Oya gave in the beginning of this topic.
What about when you hit the recount button there would be a list with which people their post count is disordered (Don't know the exact word). So it would be possible to check who's post count is offset, how much it is and a checkbox next to it would be useful to select which users I want it to be restored.

Hopefully a developer will pick it up and put some spare time in it and create a really easy tool.

Arantor

Apart from how insanely slow that would be to run. As it is the mod has to run in stages to avoid hitting the server *too* hard, and that's just resetting everyone's post count. It would be up to an order of magnitude slower to run to do this.

Kindred

I can only imagine what would happen on my site - which has almost 3 million posts and 32,000 users.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Leppie

so is this going to be a standard feature in 2.0 final? it's not there in rc5 (or not working like the mod)...

Advertisement: