A couple of settings I need a heads up on please.

Started by mannyRUA, September 05, 2010, 03:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannyRUA

I am hoping they are there; I just cant find them.

1) Currently, when somebody posts, after hitting post, it takes them back to the list of topics. Can I set it to take them to what they have just written instead? People like to proof read after posting without unnecessary clicks.

2) Where to remove the SMF logo from the top right and insert a logo of choice?

3) When a member signs up, default mode seems to be that his email address is displayed in his profile (or he is emailable)? How to change that so default availability is unticked?

4) How to get rid of the graduating blocks and "hero member" stuff?

xenovanis

Quote from: mannyRUA on September 05, 2010, 03:58:30 PM
1) Currently, when somebody posts, after hitting post, it takes them back to the list of topics. Can I set it to take them to what they have just written instead? People like to proof read after posting without unnecessary clicks.

Profile -> Look and Layout -> Return to topics after posting by default

or, to set this for all members:
Admin -> Configuration -> Themes and Layout -> Member Options:
-> Configure guest and new user options for this theme -> Return to topics after posting by default
-> Change current options for all members using this theme -> Return to topics after posting by default

2) Where to remove the SMF logo from the top right and insert a logo of choice?

Admin -> Configuration -> Current Theme -> Logo image URL:

3) When a member signs up, default mode seems to be that his email address is displayed in his profile (or he is emailable)? How to change that so default availability is unticked?

What version are you using? I'm sure in 2.0 it's set to not visible by default.

4) How to get rid of the graduating blocks and "hero member" stuff?

I'm sure this is possible, but I can't access any files right now. Probably someone else can teel you this ;)
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

mannyRUA

For the first two........ Thanks!

Number 3, I will confirm that one and get back to you.

Four, I will wait on.

xenovanis

Since no one replied, I'll give this a try.

Since you obviously have no need for ranking based on postcount, I'd suggest removing all postcount based groups except the Newbie group (you'll need to have at least one postcount based membergroup) in Admin -> Members -> Membergroup. For the remaining Newbie Group, set the number of "Number of star images:" to zero. This will remove the bars.

You can rename the group to whatever you like. If you want the name of the group removed completely, you'll need to modify /Themes/yourtheme/Display.template.php and /Themes/default/Profile.template.php.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

mannyRUA

Zirc

For number 4 and easier way of doing this is to go Admin -> Configuration -> Current Theme then check the box near the end of the list that says 'Hide post group titles for grouped members:'  No template editing there, you just need to make sure to put your members in a regular group.

mannyRUA

Thanks Zirc.

I notice inline (uploaded) images in posts doesn't seem to be a feature. Is there a reliable mod for this? I searched a little on here but only found one that seems to be full of bugs from a guy called Spuds.

mannyRUA

Quote from: mannyRUA on September 05, 2010, 03:58:30 PM
Currently, when somebody posts, after hitting post, it takes them back to the list of topics. Can I set it to take them to what they have just written instead? People like to proof read after posting without unnecessary clicks.

The advice I got earlier doesn't work in RC4. The menus differ. I am upgrading across several sites over a few weeks. I did our "big" one tonight, can anyone tell me where the tick box for "return to topic after posting" is on RC4 please?

Also, another small thing, I installed the "Sitemap" mod on one site tonight. I need to insert this code in the footer....

Quote<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=sitemap"><span>', $txt['sitemap'] ,'</span></a></li>

..... to enable the link to the Sitemap. Can anyone tell me the FTP route please? Example: root/themes/footer.php -- I cant seem to find it even though I did it a few days ago on another site.

Thanks in advance for your continued assistance.  :)

Arantor

root/Themes/your_theme/index.template.php will contain the footer.

mannyRUA

Thanks for that IncognitoMuse.

The default setting is, when somebody posts, after hitting post, it takes them back to the list of topics. I could not find the option to change this for all members. This worked in Version 3:

Quoteor, to set this for all members:
Admin -> Configuration -> Themes and Layout -> Member Options:
-> Configure guest and new user options for this theme -> Return to topics after posting by default
-> Change current options for all members using this theme -> Return to topics after posting by default

But it doesn't in Version 4.

For others who may read this, the above is slightly different now. It is this:

QuoteAdmin -> Configuration -> Themes and Layout -> Member Options:
Reset all member's current options for this theme

Hitting this doesn't actually "reset" them as you may suspect, rather it takes you to a window where you can make further selections and this is one of them.

QuoteReturn to topics after posting by default.

You drop the menu to change, tick the box and hit save but it doesn't stay ticked or changed when you go back and look, although it works. Just a little bug I think.

Arantor

It's not supposed to stay ticked there. You're indicating that you're changing it for all members, rather than it being representative of the state that all member currently have.

It works fine for me on a fresh RC4 install.

Advertisement: