Change icons of boards.

Started by nightyyx, September 06, 2010, 11:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightyyx

Hello
i am using a custom theme on smf 2.0 RC3.
This that i want to change is just the icon that is next to boards and put one mine icon as logo.
But i want to be highleted also when there are unread posts/new topics.

For example my board icons as it is now.
Ofcourse on the bottom of central page of forum must be different the icons also.In the second screenshoot called bottomoicons.
Any help?

rd

You can change the board icons by going to the theme folder (/theme) and looking through your theme files (themes/themename/).

It should be something like:

off - No posts or topics
on - post or topic
on2 - child board post

Replace those with your own. The icons on the bottom can be changed by replacing the icons that you've seen before. Just check by opening all the images till you see another set of same images as before. 

nightyyx

thanks alot

About the size of the icons?
What must be the resolution?

rd

Size should be your choice, make it small, so it doesn't look horriable. Both on, on2, and off icons should have same size, it'll look better.

What do you mean by resolution? You can pretty much add any image, any color, your choice. My advice would be to test stuff out, see what looks good and what doesn't.

nightyyx

ofcourses size of on2, and off icons must have same size :)
I just want my icons that i ll put to be exactly the same size as the ones that i have now.
I guess that i can check it if i donwloed these icons and see what resolution are.
I mean 100x70 for exapmple or 50x70

Thanks anyway i will make some tests by time ;)

rd

No problem, glad to help. If issue solved, please check solved :)

Thanks.

nightyyx

I bring back this topic since i have a issue.
I did as duke told me and worked fine but the icons at the bottom of page that explains what means eatch board icon havent change...are the old folders.
any help?

Joker™

Quote from: nightyyx on September 10, 2010, 06:46:55 PM
I bring back this topic since i have a issue.
I did as duke told me and worked fine but the icons at the bottom of page that explains what means eatch board icon havent change...are the old folders.
any help?
themes\<your theme>\images/

new_none.png
new_some.png
new_redirect.png
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Advertisement: