Avatars not being size restricted by the "Refuse it" option

Started by wynnyelle, September 07, 2010, 01:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wynnyelle

http://warriorcatsrpg.com/53/chat-for-heartfang-buds!/new/#new

See this person's avatar up at the top, it is over the size limit which is 200x200 yet it was successfully uploaded...why? This needs fixing ASAP please anyone who can help me. I am on 2.0 version 3

here is screen of my settings:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg308/wynnyelle/avatarsettings.png

kat

Maybe the "Download avatar at given URL" has to be checked.

Seems logical, to me. ;)

wynnyelle

No, that isn't it. That means the avatar gets uploaded to the server. Which I do not want as it is a security risk. I need to have the avatar rejected if it is over sized.

kat

Quote from: Groovystar on September 07, 2010, 01:21:13 PMWhich I do not want as it is a security risk.

Is it?

I know it used to be, when Krisbarteo was doing his thing.

I didn't know that it still is, I have to confess.

Put it this way...

For the avatar to be shown, it HAS to be on the forum, somewhere. So, I honestly don't see the difference.

If it's not on the forum, it can't be resized.

Can you see my logic?

Maybe I'm wrong, though.

YogiBear

krisbarteo doesn't seem to have been active since last year at least not under that name. The last I heard he was using a Monaco IP address. One method he used to hack a forum was (I think) by embedding a malicious executable inside a jpeg file.

I agree with K@'s logic. You can set an avatar to be resized. One tip though is to untick the 'convert oversized avatars to png' box as leaving it ticked can play havoc on RC3 with attachments ie. you upload a 100kB jpeg only for it to grow to 500kB by being converted to png if oversized.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

wynnyelle

The problem is that is also resizes SMALLER avatars to be BIGGER and I do NOT want that. I ONLY want oversize avatars to shrink down to 200x200 at the most, and NOT distort in shape {If they are not square.}

YogiBear

I've been back home to put this to the test but smaller avatars remain smaller which makes me think a mod is getting in the way.

What mods have you got installed Groovystar?
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Advertisement: