News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Word Document Integration

Started by RealCop228, September 08, 2010, 09:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealCop228

I searched this a couple times, but I could find anything. Is there a way to embed a word document into my post? I am trying to run an online gaming community, so it's always helpful to be able to embed "already created" documents... Is there a way?

rd

Embed?

You can attach it to a post and users can click it and click "open with" this way they won't need to download.

RealCop228

True. However I would like to Embed it.

rd

Can you explain more of what you mean by embed?

SMF doesn't have any feature that does this, if I'm understanding you right. There is also no mod or hack that will allow this currently.

You can make a mod request in the modification board :) maybe someone will take it up and create a mod that would do this. 

RealCop228

Quote from: Royalduke on September 08, 2010, 09:46:00 PM
Can you explain more of what you mean by embed?

SMF doesn't have any feature that does this, if I'm understanding you right. There is also no mod or hack that will allow this currently.

You can make a mod request in the modification board :) maybe someone will take it up and create a mod that would do this.

It's no longer something I'm looking into. I've just decided to go with a PDF integration mod instead, it's a lot easier. Thanks though!

Advertisement: